Get active in a land of colourful forests, soaring peaks and golden stupas.
Kick off your trip in Kathmandu, go rafting and hang in Pokhara. Head off on your trekking adventure in Annapurna, stay in rad tea houses, take a bazillion photos, fall in love with Nepal, then head back to Pokhara and Kathmandu.
Get wet and wild on a whitewater rafting adventure on the Trisuli River, zooming downstream next to giant boulders and between bright green hills
Stretch your legs on an awesome three-day, low-altitude trek through villages and rhododendron forests, taking in the amazing sights of the Annapurna ranges
Kick back in super-zen Pokhara, where you can take a boat out on the smooth water of Phewa Lake and cruise beneath behemoth mountains
There are some long travel days on roads that seem to be permanently under construction. What looks like a short distance on a map can take an unexplainably long time to complete. Plenty of patience (and maybe some good podcasts at the ready) will go a long way toward your enjoyment of the journey.
This trip does not go to high altitude, so if you were hesitant to explore Nepal because for this reason you should have little trouble acclimatising on this tour.
As there as an included rafting activity, please speak to your leader in advance if you are not a confident swimmer. There is also the option to sit out this activity and instead spend time at the campsite.
While at the Trisuli river we have an included night of camping. This is at a permanent campsite where tents, mats and blankets are provided and toilet facilities are basic.
Outside of the main towns Nepal can be a quiet place, with few "tourist" attractions and options for organised activities. There is plenty of time for your own exploration or relaxation. Don't expect each day to be action packed, but be ready to seek out your own, more simple cultural experiences.
As we stay in some locations where there are few options for eating out, some meals may be set menus rather than being able to choose from a variety of options.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our One Week in Nepal trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. An excellent level of fitness is required for this trip as there are long trekking days in difficult terrain.
2. Altitude does not exceed 1950m on this trip.
3. Rafting on the Trisuli River is grade 3+
4. Please ensure you bring a passport size photo for our Annapurna trek permit application.
5. A sleeping bag is required for this trip. Please bring your own or hire in Kathmandu for a few dollars a day.
6. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement will only be included on Days 1,3,7 (Hotel) and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information