Discover the secrets of the Ecuadorian Amazon on this breathtaking tour into the heart of the jungle. Take guided walks to discover the abundant plant and animal life that call this part of the Amazon home. Awake to the exotic sound of birdcalls and discover the thrill of sleeping in this secluded spot deep in the Ecuadorian jungle.
Dates and availability
1. This Short Break Adventure is a ‘join in’ group departure, which means you are not accompanied by an Intrepid group leader – our local representative fills this role – and the configuration of any fellow travellers in the group might change during the trip.
This trip will run with a minimum of one person, so you may be joined by other travellers booked on the same
2. While that Amazon lodge has a capacity for up to 50 travellers, 1 local guide is allocated every 10 travellers.
3. Parts of your trip go above 2800 metres / 9200 feet where it is common for travellers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude - regardless of your age, gender and fitness. It even happened to Sir Edmund Hillary!
Please read the following document carefully and, during your trip, utilise the table on the back daily to record your own perspective of your general health and any symptoms you may experience:
4. Ecuador has implemented COVID-19 testing requirements for entry to the country, including special conditions for Galapagos. Please refer to your government's foreign travel advice for the most up to date information.
5. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 6 am on Day 1 in Quito. The day before your trip starts, an Intrepid local representative will meet you at your hotel. The representative will call beforehand to advise you of the exact time.
6. This trip finishes upon arrival in Quito at the airport on Day 4. Please ensure flights out of Quito on the final day are booked to depart no earlier than 4pm.
7. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport) for train tickets. Fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing new tickets.
8. Please note that due to major safety and security concerns regarding a local airline we have taken the hard decision to replace the flights with private transport for all bookings between Aug 18 and September 02, 2022! The estimated travel time for the land transport is between 4 to 5 hours. You will return to Quito before 2 pm on your last day of the trip.
Filter by rating