Get exploring South America on a 15-day small-group experience that takes you deep into Bolivia and Argentina. Beginning in La Paz, journey from whimsical potion-filled markets through Sucre’s landscaped streets to the once-rich silver ore mines of Potosi. Take on the Bolivian desert as you embark on a 4WD adventure across the salt pans of Salar de Uyuni, winding up among the cactus-filled valleys of Bolivia’s wild west. Cross the border into Argentina to discover indigenous cultures in Tilcara, before spending a few days at leisure in the fiery capital of Buenos Aires. Local knowledge will lead the way, and plenty of freedom to explore will give you the power to see South America in your style.
Dates and availability
1. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 6pm on Day 1 in La Paz. If you are unable to find a suitable flight it is possible to book additional nights at the joining accommodation.
2. This trip ends on Day 15 and you are free to leave at any time.
3. Nationals from the United States need a visa to enter Bolivia and you we highly recommend you obtain this visa in advance from your nearest Bolivian consulate or Embassy. Not obtaining the visa in advance is likely to cause long delays at the border. Please see the visa information on these trip notes for more information.
4. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport) for bus tickets, train tickets or flight tickets. Fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing new tickets.
5. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement exclude Day 2 (Overnight Bus) and Days 7,8 (Dormitory) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
6. Parts of your trip go above 2800 meters / 9200 feet where it is common for travelers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude - regardless of your age, gender and fitness. It even happened to Sir Edmund Hillary!
7. Please read the following document carefully and, during your trip, utilize the table on the back daily to record your own perspective of your general health and any symptoms you may experience: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/altitude-sickness
8.We highly recommend you take US Dollars with you to Argentina and change it locally. While ATMs are widely available, there is a daily limit for withdrawals and the exchange rate does fluctuate.
Filter by rating