Uncover spectacular wonders and cultural charm in India and Sri Lanka
Welcome to South Asia, where ancient religions, deep heritage and wild wonders are laced through cultural riches and spice-laden cuisine. On this 18-day Premium adventure you’ll discover the Pink City of Jaipur, witness the Mughal splendours of Delhi and Agra, safari through Ranthambhore and Minneriya National Parks, soak up the ambience of holy Varanasi, explore the ancient ruins of Habarana, sip tea in Kandy and Nuwara Eliya, and taste culinary delights in Colombo. Local leaders will bring the magic of India and Sri Lanka to light, from lavish palaces to vibrant bazaars and the incomparable Taj Mahal. Packed with hotspots and hidden gems, discover the cultural heart of India and Sri Lanka.
Don't wait - plan your next people and planet-friendly adventure with just € 99* this March. Offer ends March 31.Terms & Conditions
Our best accommodation and highest level of service.
Unusual, exceptional and authentic on-trip experiences.
Led by our most experienced and highest rated local leaders.
Discover the beauty in famed structures, from Jaipur’s Amber Fort and Royal City Palace, to Agra’s Red Fort and iconic Taj Mahal, and the ruins and stupas of Sigiriya and Polonnaruwa.
Taste the best of Indian and Sri Lankan cuisine during Exclusive Experiences, including a street food tour in Agra, a wonderful meal in the home of a Brahmin family in Jaipur, a cooking demo with a local grandmother in Polonnaruwa, and a Spice Garden visit in Matale.
See wildlife in its natural habitat with safaris through Ranthambore National Park in India and Minneriya National Park in Sri Lanka, in search of sloth bears, leopards, elusive tigers, tropical birds, and elephants.
Historical Feature Stays allow you to experience history first hand, staying at family owned heritage hotel in Jaipur and a colonial-era mansion with a new sustainable lease on life in Nuwara Eliya.
Take part in Exclusive Experiences to remember – visit to a royal haveli in Jaipur and hear the stories of its owner’s ancestors, cruise down the Ganges at sunset accompanied by local musicians, and get an immersive look at rural life in Ambagasthenna.
In the summer months, Rajasthan can get very hot. Be sure to drink lots of water, pack light cotton clothing and use adequate skin protection.
There are several early mornings on this trip, as many parts of India really come alive in the dawn light.
It can get foggy between December and February, which can put a new spin on the already spectacular scenery. However, it may cause traffic congestion and delays.
The Rock Fortress – or Lion Rock – of Sigiriya is spectacular. However, those with a fear of (or even an aversion to) heights may wish to sit the excursion out. Scaling the rock involves walking up lots of rough, narrow steps and tight walkways.
There are a couple of long travel days on this trip. Journeys may take up to five hours but are a great opportunity to get to know locals, fellow travellers and the diverse scenery.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Please provide a scanned copy of your passport bio page at time of booking to secure a permit for your Ranthambhore National Park visit. Authorities at the park follow a strict booking process whereby permits are issued on a first come first serve basis. If we do not receive your passport scan in time we cannot guarantee you will be able to join the safari. Your full name will need to be provided exactly as it appears on your passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport) for flight tickets. Ticketing fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases, you will be required to cover the cost of issuing a new ticket if an amendment occurs.
4. This trip includes domestic flights. The luggage allowance is 15kg for check in luggage and 7kg for carry on. You can store excess luggage at the start point hotel. Currently, there are no non-stop flights operating between Jaipur and Varanasi, so you will fly through Delhi. This flight will require an early morning start time.
5. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information