Explore caves, gorges, oases and mountains of this Outback paradise
Get wild on a 12-day tour through the remote Kimberley. Sparsely populated and ruggedly beautiful, the Kimberly is the ultimate adventure destination. Swim in gorges filled with clear waters and under waterfalls. Hike through red-rock formations and palm oases. Learn about the rich First Nations history of the area from Traditional Custodians, take guided walks that illuminate local geography and listen to Outback yarns over a beer in the pub. Whether you’re visiting from overseas or travelling from an urban part of Australia, this tour through the Kimberly is not to be missed.
Cruise between the sheer, multi-coloured walls of Geikie Gorge and discover the huge array of wildlife like freshwater crocodiles, wallabies and wren.
Explore the Tunnel Creek cave system with a Bunuba guide and learn about Janamarra, a First Nations freedom fighter who used the caves to evade police in the late 1800s.
Take a guided hike through the King Leopold Ranges to Manning Gorge, where you can swim under a waterfall and see ancient First Nations rock art.
Spend two nights in a private safari camp in the heart of Purnululu National Park, with glorious views of the Bungle Bungle Range.
Go inside Cathedral Gorge and wonder at the natural amphitheatre of red rock, hollowed out over millions of years to create this massive acoustic wonder.
This trip involves activities like hiking on uneven terrain and clambering over boulders. It is best suited to travellers with a very good level of mobility and fitness. Details on physical activities can be found in the itinerary.
Weather conditions can be extreme in the Kimberley. Have a think about what time of the year best suits you best to travel in.
Accommodation on this tour is a mixture of camping with limited facilities, camping with full facilities and a motel.
You’ll be travelling through regions with very little mobile service or internet connection.
Rise and shine! This trip includes lots of early starts.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Wild Kimberley Overland trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This is a Basix-style trip. For the same itinerary in our Original style, please see code PKOW-O.
2. This trip starts in Broome on Day 1 with a welcome meeting in the evening. Airport transfer is included for those flying into Broome International Airport today.
3. This trip finishes in Broome after breakfast on Day 12. Airport transfer is included for those flying out of Broome International Airport today.
4. This trip requires a sleeping bag
5. An upgrade to a room with ensuite bathroom in Broome is available upon request. Please speak to an Intrepid booking agent if you are interested in this.
6. This trip is operated by our partners Kimberley Wild.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information