Embrace the wintery wilderness of Alaska
Ready to chase the Northern Lights, explore virtually untouched natural wonders and maybe even catch a glimpse of Santa Claus along the way? This 8-day adventure through Alaska is perfect for travellers looking to connect with nature in one of the world’s most stunning winter wonderlands. Explore one of Alaska’s largest glaciers, the Matanuska Glacier, take part in a guided snowshoeing experience in the pristine Denali State Park and just when you’re ready to warm up, you can bliss out in Chena’s natural hot springs. With the opportunity to view the Northern Lights from strategically chosen viewing points every night of the trip that the weather permits, this is an adventure that you will never forget.
Enjoy nightly guided Northern Lights viewing opportunities, at locations strategically chosen by your local leader near your accommodation.
Take part in a leader-led Snowshoe Hike in the stunning Denali State Park.
Stay at Sheep Mountain, which is virtually untouched by tourists, making it perfect for spotting the Northern Lights thanks to no light pollution.
Visit Santa Claus’ house in the North Pole, with the option of a reindeer walk through birch forests.
Soak in Chena’s natural hot springs for some well-earned relaxation time.
This is a winter trip so you must have the appropriate footwear and clothing.
Packed lunches will be simple, so if you think you will get hungry between meals, perhaps bring some of your own snacks along on day trips too.
Weather is unpredictable in Alaska, especially in the winter, so we may need to make itinerary changes to keep the group safe and well at all times. If this occurs, we will do our best to find comparable activities and experiences.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Alaska Winter Adventure trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm on Day 1. There are no activities planned for the final day so you may depart at any time.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Temperatures at this time of year in Alaska can be well below freezing. Please ensure you bring appropriate clothing and footwear.
4. Please note these trips require a minimum of 4 travellers to depart.
5. Please see here for the most up to date COVID-19 information about travelling to and within Alaska, including travel declarations & testing requirements: https://covid19.alaska.gov/travelers/. Please note our local partner in Alaska also requires a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of arrival in order to join this trip.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information