Hit the slopes and go off-piste adventures at ten of New Zealand's best ski fields
If you’re an intermediate to advanced skier or snowboarder looking for an epic and diverse guided snow tour in New Zealand, we have the South Island's winter wonders all packaged up for you. Our expert guides will show you the ropes on both well-known and beautifully uncrowded slopes on this twelve-day snow tour which takes you to no less than ten epic ski/boarding areas: Mt Hutt, Ohau, Treble Cone, The Remarkables, Cardrona, Coronet Peak, Porters Alpine Lodge, Broken River, Mt Olympus/Temple Basin and Craigieburn.
This exhilarating tour takes you from the slopes of the Southern Alps’ most iconic snow fields to the lesser-known but amazing Club Fields, small, private or family-owned ski areas where you can get into the snow with minimal fuss and maximum fun minus the crowds. We’ve got everything organised: your transport and transfers to the mountains, your accommodation, lift passes, breakfast, and an expert local crew ready to show you the best runs and powder stashes across the ten different mountains. We can also arrange your ski gear and clothing if you want to pack light. Add time away from the slopes to discover the South Island's best ski towns like Lake Tekapo, Wanaka and Queenstown, and time under the stars at the world's largest International Dark Sky Reserve, and you’ve got the perfect trip.
Enjoy twelve days of off-piste powder heaven in New Zealand’s famed Southern Alps ski areas like the legendary ‘Remarkables’, Treble Cone, Cardrona, and Coronet Peak
Leave the beaten track behind and sample four of New Zealand’s best and friendliest club fields at Porters, Broken River, Mt Olympus/Temple Basin and Craigieburn.
Stay 'on mountain' in the tiny ski hamlet of Craigieburn with the ski fields literally outside your front door, or under the world’s largest International Dark Sky Reserve at Lake Takapo.
Enjoy the benefit of local knowledge as our experienced crew show you the best runs and powder stashes across ten different mountains.
Rest your legs and enjoy New Zealand away from the snow at the adventure playgrounds of Lake Tekapo, Wanaka and Queenstown.
Everything is arranged for you, from transport to hiring snow equipment and clothes – all you have to do is choose your favourite slopes and hit the snow.
Due to the nature of the terrain and use of tow ropes this trip is only suitable for intermediate to advanced skiers or snowboarders.
The skiing/boarding takes place on a mixture of well-known ski fields with groomed snow and chairlifts to the small Ski Club Fields, small, private or family-owned ski areas where you can get into the snow with minimal fuss and maximum fun.
While our Group Leaders will often join the group on the snow, due to the nature of the terrain and our clients personal ski run preferences they can not be with everyone in the group at all times.
This trip is not suitable for beginners skiers or snowboarders as much of the snow activities are off-piste rather than on groomed slopes, and do not feature commercial chairlifts or gondolas.
This trip stays in hostel-style accommodation, in shared dorm rooms with 4-6 beds and shared facilities (private rooms are available on request).
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Ski New Zealand: South Island Snow Odyssey trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip requires a minimum of 6 clients to operate.
2. This trip is operated and run by Haka Tours, an Intrepid Company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Haka customers and Intrepid customers. Intrepid works closely with Haka Tours to ensure that all of our customers enjoy their time in New Zealand.
3. This trip is suitable for intermediate to advanced skiers/snowboarders.
4. Less experienced skiers may join the group on the first section of the trip from Queenstown to Christchurch.
5. This trip starts at 6am in Queenstown and finishes on arrival back to Christchurch on Day 12 (approx 8pm)
6. Snow gear including helmets, skis/snowboard, boots, poles and ski clothing are available to hire - if you wish to book gear please contact your agent.
7. Due to unforeseen weather conditions changes may need to be made to the itinerary.
8. While our Group Leaders will often join the group on the snow they are not qualified instructors. Should you require additional lesson packages (based on ability) these can purchased from qualified instructors.
9. This trip does not spend any included time in Christchurch at the end of the trip – if you wish to book extra accommodation please contact your agent.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information