- The Intrepid Experience
- About Intrepid
- Booking Intrepid
How does it all work?
Travellers from all over the world are invited to send in their best travel snaps in digital form. You don't have to be a pro, you just have to have a keen eye and a great travel spirit.
Simply upload your photos and they’ll be ogled and admired by travellers near and far*. Winners are chosen by a panel of photo-loving Intrepidites and after getting a personal high-five from us, will be announced to the world in Intrepid Express, our email newsletter.
The competition closes on 30 June each year. Entries received after this date are entered into the following year's competition.
Each month there is a new theme so to have a chance to be our monthly winner, you’ll need to upload a photo that encapsulates the relevant monthly theme.
*Please note that not all images entered will be eligible for the competition. If they don't follow our guidelines for entry then they won't be accepted or published in our online gallery (see 'please note' below).
July - Shared moments
Whether it’s a meeting of minds or a meeting of appetites, shared moments with old and new friends make the travel world go round.
August - Trains, planes and auto-camels
It’s not always about the destination; sometimes it’s about the journey. Celebrate the weird and wonderful things that (literally) move you.
September - Focus on family
Whether it’s your family, a local family or a family of friends, we want your family holiday snaps.
October - Life in the local lane
Eating with locals, dancing with locals, travelling with locals and exploring the world one local experience at a time.
November - Festival Fun
Get your happy on and celebrate the colour, craziness and complete fiesta vibe from all over the world.
December - Real world up close
Get up close to the world. We mean really close. Its personal space is your personal space. See the world in all its glorious detail.
January - Rise to the challenge
Taking a challenge head on, big or small, high or low. Giving it your all no matter what the outcome.
February - Wow!
Moments that take your breath away or when the world seems to stop. When the only one word that comes to mind is ‘wow’.
March - Epic adventures
It was larger than life. Unbelievable. You had to be there. Seriously jaw-dropping. Totally epic.
April - Delicious discoveries
The chai latte you instagramed was great, but those fried scorpions, Tuscan feasts and street stall adventures you show us are even better.
May - Travellers say cheese
Everyone say Fromage! Nai Lao! Jibn! Show us travellers having fun in exotic places.
June - Going wild
The best of the natural world. Whether it’s shooting landscapes or shooting wildlife, all with your camera of course.
What can you win?
Each month we have some fantastic prizes up for grabs. For more details, check out the Prizes page.
How to enter...
Head over to the Enter page, where you’ll need to enter your details before uploading your selected shot. Then tell us a little bit about the image – where did you take it, were you on an Intrepid trip, is there a story behind it? And if you want to add a caption, you can enter this in the title section.
We love viewing and sharing our travellers’ snaps from around the world but we do have some guidelines around the publication of photos on our site. If you are not seeing your photos appear, it may be for one of the below reasons:
- Intrepid needs to make sure all photos are within guidelines before they are published. This process can take up to 48 hours.
- The required minimum file size (of images) is 1024 x 768, Hi Res, JPEG files. Please send the highest resolution version of your image possible.
- A maximum of 5 photos per category, per person, per month will be accepted.
- This is a travel photo platform. Pictures of weddings, school trips, family BBQ’s etc. may not qualify.
- The photo needs to be in line with the monthly theme. Please see above for full list of competition themes. For example, if the theme is Delicious Discoveries, please upload images of food, drink and feasts rather than landscape pictures (as beautiful as they may be).
- On occasion, we may post pictures that are not on theme but these images will not be eligible for the monthly prize.
- Only shortlisted photos will be uploaded to the site.
- No images supplied in hard-copy will be accepted. Only high-resolution digital files will be accepted.
- By submitting the photographs you are agreeing to the licencing terms as outlined in clause 12 of the competition terms and conditions.
- View full entry and prize terms and conditions
Thank you to our friends in the travel community who are supporting the Intrepid Photography Competition.