Historic Havana to colonial Trinidad, and all the mojitos in between
City, countryside and dazzling Caribbean coast – take an eight-day adventure straight to the heart of Cuba. Set off from the charming capital of Havana, where old-time American cars, wafts of cigar smoke and laidback vibes permeate the streets. Visit a local tobacco farm in Vinales, experience the colonial charisma of Trinidad, and immerse yourself with the history, music and mojitos of a country caught in a bygone era. With plenty of time to swim, snorkel, cycle and hike, this adventure combines Cuba’s old-world charm with some seriously scenic vistas in a jam-packed itinerary.
Don't wait - plan your next people and planet-friendly adventure with just € 99* this March. Offer ends March 31.Terms & Conditions
Be intrigued by the colourful streets and eclectic history of Cuba's capital as your knowledgeable local leader takes you on a casual walking tour of Old Havana.
Venture to Cuba’s charming countryside as you hit rural Vinales. Visit a local tobacco farm and immerse in the stunning nature in Vinales.
Wander the cobblestone streets alongside cowboys and farmers in Trinidad, passing by some of the best-preserved colonial buildings in Cuba. Plus, you’ll take part in a rum tasting – muy bueno!
Pay your respects at the mausoleum of Che Guevara and receive a fascinating insight into the rise and fall of the charismatic and highly celebrated Cuban revolutionary.
The guesthouses (casas) we use are much nicer than your average Cuban dwelling and each room is unique. Regardless of where you stay, power cuts and breaks in hot water supply are sometimes unavoidable, as in any developing country – but we believe that this is all a part of the local experience.
Part of Cuba’s appeal is its old-fashioned style – this includes the banking systems. Funds in Cuba can be difficult to access. Please read our Essential Trip Information to be fully prepared.
Luxuries such as air conditioning, plush pillows, and fly screens, are often scarce. Part of the experience here is learning to appreciate everyday Cuban resourcefulness.
You might have to save your status updates and photo posts for when you get home, as Internet is hard to find, unreliable and expensive. Treat Cuba as a holiday from social media too!
Cuba is different, and that's a big part of its allure. Things don't always go according to plan, and many things don't work the same way as back home. Patience and good humour will go a long way in this beautiful destination.
As this trip covers a lot of land, you'll be spending quite a bit of time travelling. It’s all part of the adventure and a great way to get to know your fellow travellers. Please read the itinerary carefully for travel time estimates.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cuba Highlights trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A single supplement is bookable for this trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
3. The Cuban government has declared that travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers. Proof of insurance may be requested at the airport by immigration officials.
4. There are unprecedented changes happening in Cuba right now. It is an exciting time but it also means some patience and understanding are required for the heightened demand for infrastructure, accommodation, and services. To help set your expectations correctly, please read the ‘Is this trip right for you?’ and our Essential Trip Information Document.
5. We recommend travelling to Cuba via Canada, Europe, South or Central America. Please refer to the ‘Passports, visas and entry requirements’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information