See a different side of the magnificent Grand Canyon
Capture the magic of the Grand Canyon on a guided 5-day walking adventure through its highlights and hidden pockets. Kick things off with a hike along the popular South Rim, soaking in spectacular views of the Canyon and Colorado River, then continue to the lesser-visited and awe-inspiring North Rim. Let your local guides show you hidden trails, secret look out points and unusual wildlife, and spend your evenings in a scenic campsite beneath a sky full of stars. Between unbelievably beautiful walking trails to views to take your breath away, you’re sure to have a grand old time.
Discover the lesser-explored but equally beautiful North Rim of the Grand Canyon. With just 10% of the visitors of its southern counterpart, you’ll often feel like you have the whole place to yourself.
You’ll also get to see what all the fuss is about and kick the trip off with a hike around the stunning South Rim, taking in epic views of the canyon and Colorado River as you go.
Hike with expert guides who will bring the landscape to life, share stories about the region’s history and culture, and help spot fascinating animals and plant life.
At the end of each day of walking, you’ll rest your head at your spectacular campsite, totally immersed in the wild surroundings and a world-class spot for stargazing.
Take in views that will stop you in your tracks, from a picnic lunch overlooking the depths of the canyon to a barely-known outcrop offering unbeatable panoramic views.
This is a camping trip, allowing you to really be immersed in your surroundings. Tents, sleeping mats and sleeping bags will be provided, and facilities will be shared.
A good fitness level will help you get the most out of the included walks on this itinerary.
Grand Canyon boasts warm summers but be prepared for colder evenings and possibly rainy days. Late September and October departures will see a temperature drop (great hiking conditions!). Good clothing and appropriate footwear are a must.
We will walk up to 7 miles (11 km) per day, with fair amount of elevation gain. You may wish to bring walking poles with you.
On our final day we will reach Flagstaff between 5 pm and 6 pm. This night’s accommodation is not included so please plan your departure accordingly, or pre-book a post-tour night.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Walking in Grand Canyon National Park trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
2. Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details
5. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 5pm on Day 1 in Flagstaff. Please see Joining Point Hotel listed in the Essential Trip Information for this itinerary.
6. You are expected to arrive back into Flagstaff around 5pm and dropped off at the same location as the joining point.
There is no accommodation included on the last day in Flagstaff , however we can request any additional nights should you need them.
7. A single tent is provided to all solo travellers at no extra cost. First night of the trip in Flagstaff hotel is on twin-shared basis, but single supplement is available for that night too and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information