Strap on your best pair of walking shoes for this 4-day hiking adventure through Sedona and Grand Canyon National Park. Spend your first two days wandering the red rock country of Sedona before hitting the iconic trails of Grand Canyon National Park for another two days of heart-racing hikes. Picture some of the best hiking trails in Northern Arizona paired with exceptional accommodation, delicious meals and an expert local leader who knows all the best spots. Take the chance to lean on your local leader’s expertise to learn about the fascinating landscapes and Native American history in your hiking areas. Get active, enjoy the trails and soak in the magnificent rust-coloured views.
Dates and availability
1. Please note this trip requires a minimum number of booked customers to guarantee the departure. Your Booking Agent will advise at time of booking if the departure has met minimum numbers. If minimum numbers are not met, you will be advised no later than 30 days out from departure. We recommend arranging flights and related travel services once your departure is guaranteed. In the event that your departure is cancelled due to minimum numbers not being met, a full refund will be provided of monies paid.
2. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
5.This trip is operated and run by Wildland Trekking, an Intrepid company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers.
6. Your pre-trip orientation meeting will be done virtually on a conference call with your guide and the other guests at 5:00 PM the evening before your trip starts. Your guide will go through the packing list, communicate the first day’s logistics, and answer any last minute questions you have. Your guide will give you the phone number for this meeting approximately 10 days before the trip start date. Early on the morning of Day 1 your guide will pick you up from your accommodations in Sedona, Arizona; Your guide will coordinate the time of pick up during the pre-trip orientation conference call. This trip will conclude at approximately 5:00 PM on the last day.
7. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
8. Please note for December 2023 - April 2024 Departures: The trail for today’s hike is closed between December 1, 2023 and April 14, 2024. During this time period, we will descend the Hermit Trail, which features big views, fossils, Native American history and a unique look at the geology of the Grand Canyon. Distance is 3-6 miles (5-10 km), elevation gain/loss of up to 2150 feet (655 m).