Explore the coastal beauty of the island state from bike height
Take your local ride into a higher gear with this bike-powered adventure along Tasmania’s East Coast, from Launceston to Hobart. Days will be filled with revitalising rides through beautiful surrounds and memorable landscapes, and dropping into local producers for a taste of Tasmania’s celebrated harvest. The scent of lavender fills the area near Scottsdale, fresh seafood fills the plate in St Helens and Bicheno, and crisp, fresh air will fill your lungs as you cycle to country towns, along the coast, and to Freycinet National Park where clear waters lap secluded shores. This cycling adventure is the perfect way to get out of town and explore all that Tasmania has to offer.
Book your 2022 trip with just a $1 depositTerms & Conditions
Get outside and reconnect with nature and your body as you discover the ultimate way to experience the East Coast of Tasmania – cycling through pristine, unspoilt beauty and the slow pace of Apple Isle life.
Spend two nights in peaceful Coles Bay, gateway to the iconic Freycinet National Park. Sit back and relax after your days of cycling, or explore the surrounding wilderness.
Experience the many contrasts Tasmania has to offer, from the cosmopolitan cities of Launceston and Hobart to the stunning coastal scenery beside the Tasman Sea.
Get a real taste of Tasmania as you visit local producers, wineries, oyster farms, lavender farms and wildlife sanctuaries along the way.
Enjoy and optional hike to Wineglass Bay, consistently rated as one of the ten best beaches in the world.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
For Cycling trips these changes are usually around finding even better roads to ride on, which can alter the distance/time we spend riding on a day to day basis, but can sometimes even extend to overnight locations.
This trip requires a minimum of 4 clients to operate.
To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
This trip covers quite some distance – you’ll be cycling for up to 50 kilometres a day on varied terrain, so this trip is for the reasonably fit. Or book an e-bike!
There’s the possibility of a few hiccups along the way – a puncture here and there maybe – but there’s no doubt this is an incredibly rewarding adventure.
If you’re confident in your cycling ability, then you can opt to do longer rides on most cycling days.
The weather in this region can be varied. Be prepared to get sweaty and for the occasional rainstorm, which may require a change of plans.
If you feel like doing all the riding but with less effort we have the option of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) on this trip.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle Tasmania's East Coast trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip requires a minimum of 4 clients to operate
2. Bicycles are included on this trip but you are welcome to bring your own bike should you choose. A discount of $AUD100 will apply to those people bringing their own bike - please ask your travel consultant for more details.
3. To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
4. This trip caters for all levels of cyclists, with longer optional rides for stronger riders on most days should you wish.
5. On this trip, we have a single leader that rides with the group.
6. This trip has a support vehicle and your luggage is transported for you each day.
7. Our riding is done on a combination of well-graded and maintained gravel cycle paths and tarmac roads, so there are no technical cycling skills required.
8. As accommodation on this trip is twin-share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same gender. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can. If you’d prefer not to share, a single room supplement is available at an additional charge. Please ask your travel consultant for more details.
9. An e-bike option (at additional cost) may be available on this trip. We have limited numbers of these bikes available and they are an 'on request' basis only. A request does not guarantee an e-bike, only a confirmed booking. Please ask your agent for more details at the time of booking.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information