From the Aegean to the Central Plains, you'll be agreeing that this region is anything but plain.
Discover Turkey and Northern Cyprus in all its glory during this fifteen-day journey beginning in Istanbul. Take a trip through history from ANZAC day in Gallipoli to the ancient ruins of Ephesus, explore the fairy chimneys of Cappadocia, then hop over to northern Cyprus where time stands still and people are hospitable as ever. Tread the paths of history, soak up some incredible landscapes and immerse yourself in this cultural melting pot.
Don't wait - plan your next people and planet-friendly adventure with just € 99* this March. Offer ends March 31.Terms & Conditions
Discover the incredible ancient and modern history of Turkey as you explore thousands of years of history hidden within the remarkable ruins of Ephesus and discover Gallipoli on a guided tour that will teach you about the significant events that took place in this area.
Taste local fruit wines in one of the best-preserved Greek Ottoman villages in the country. Get to know the friendly locals with a Gozleme making demonstration and a home-made lunch at a local family in Cappadocia.
Travel and stay a little differently – and come home with memories to last a lifetime – from taking local buses and trains, to staying in one of the cave hotels that Cappadocia is famed for.
Visit fairytale-like St Hilarion Castle, famously rumoured to be used by Walt Disney as inspiration for the castle in Snow White and Seven Dwarfs.
Discover Europe's last divided capital, known as Lefkosia to the Turkish and Nicosia to the Cypriot communities, it is full of surprises with an eclectic mix of cultures and architecture.
Stay in a traditional Cypriot village where residents have been working together to preserve local culture and heritage. Join your village hosts for some traditional bread and cheese making
We recommend packing light, as you’ll need to carry your own luggage on and off transport and to and from hotels.
The weather can be hot in Turkey and even hotter in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, it is a dry heat and not uncomfortable however please check the weather for your desired travel dates and be prepared for the temperatures
You’ll need your walking shoes, a hat, some sunscreen, and a daypack to explore some of historical sites. All site tours are guided, but you can wander at your own pace if you prefer.
This trip uses a combination of public and private transport, and all vehicles are modern and have air-conditioning and most are fitted with seat belts. Some journeys can be long in order to maximise the areas visited, but this gives you a chance to interact with the local community and see more of the country. You'll also be pleasantly surprised to find most Turkish buses have Wi-Fi and serve coffee and cake!
This trip crosses from Northern Cyprus into Cyprus. Walking the imaginary green line between to the two republics and crossing over for a quick cup of coffee is actually a highlight for many visitors. However, it's important you read the visa information carefully before booking this trip.
1. This trip starts in Istanbul on Day 1 at 1 pm. This allows time after the welcome meeting to explore Istanbul.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 5 (Overnight train) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. This trip will finish in Famagusta TRNC. Please check the visa information before booking flights. You may want to consider entering and exiting from the same airport.
4. This is a combination tour and the composition of your group and your group Leader will change. This trip will have an unaccompanied included international flight from Istanbul to Ercan Airport in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, there will be a luggage limit of 23kg checked luggage and 8kg hand luggage. Transfers are included in the trip cost.
5. Most internal flights in Turkey have a luggage restriction of 15kg checked and 8kg cabin. You may store excess luggage in the starting point hotel for your return to Istanbul
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information