Discover pristine beaches, Outback oases and unique wilderness
Get wild on a 13-day tour through the remote Kimberley. Sparsely populated and ruggedly beautiful, the Kimberly is the ultimate adventure destination. Swim in gorges filled with clear waters and under waterfalls. Hike through red-rock formations and palm oases. Learn about the rich First Nations history of the area from Traditional Custodians, take guided walks that illuminate local geography and listen to Outback yarns over a beer in the pub. Get active in this unique and captivating corner of Australia.
Cruise between the sheer, multi-coloured walls of Geikie Gorge and discover the huge array of wildlife like freshwater crocodiles, wallabies and wren.
Explore the Tunnel Creek cave system with a Bunuba guide and learn about Janamarra, a First Nations freedom fighter who used the caves to evade police in the late 1800s.
Take a guided hike through the King Leopold Ranges to Manning Gorge, where you can swim under a waterfall and see ancient First Nations rock art.
Spend two nights in a private safari camp in the heart of Purnululu National Park, with glorious views of the Bungle Bungle Range.
Walk on the white sands of Kooljaman’s Western Beach, where red pindan cliffs meet the crystal-clear waters of the ocean.
This trip involves strenuous activities like hiking on uneven terrain. It is best suited to travellers with a very high level of mobility and fitness. Details on physical activities can be found in the itinerary.
Weather conditions can be extreme in the Kimberley. Have a think about what time of the year best suits you best to travel in.
Accommodation on this tour is a mixture of camping with limited facilities, camping with full facilities and a hostel.
You’ll be travelling through regions with very little mobile service or internet connection.
Rise and shine! This trip includes lots of early starts.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our The Great Kimberley Overland trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This is a Basix-style trip. For the same itinerary in our Original style, please see code PKOL-O.
2. This trip starts in Broome with a pick-up at 6:30am on day 1 and finishes in the late afternoon or early evening on the last day. We recommend you arrive a day prior to the trip's departure date and onward travel should not be booked until the following day.
3. This trip requires a sleeping bag
4. This trip is operated by our partners Kimberley Wild
5. A Single Supplement is available on this trip for nights 1 & 2 only, subject to availability. You will have a tent to yourself on camping nights, however in the permanent tented camps you will be paired up with another single traveller of the same gender.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information