Discover the ancient treasures of Jordan, Israel and the Palestinian Territories
Explore the lands of Jordan, Israel and the Palestinian Territories on a 14-day Premium journey and come face to face with a history of biblical proportions. Jordan’s capital, Amman, reminds us of the glories of a great empire. Mysterious Petra appears out of nowhere – a remarkable rose-coloured city hewn from the sandstone cliffs by Nabataean people. Jerusalem is one of history’s great cities and a holy site for many of the world’s religions. The Western Wall, Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the Temple Mount – it’s all in one place. Discover all these cultural hotspots with the guidance of local leaders, staying in premium accommodation and appreciating authentic experiences. This is the proud heart of the Middle East.
Embrace local life as you travel with passionate local leaders, meet a local Rabbi, spend an evening with a Bedouin community, and discuss history with a geopolitical expert (a Premium Exclusive Experience).
Visit one of the oldest neighbourhoods in Amman and enter a cooking school run by three sisters in the home of their grandmother. Learn how to make traditional Jordanian food and of course eat plenty of it too.
Spend a day exploring the majesty and mystery of Petra, embark on a 4WD drive adventure through wind-swept rock formations of Wadi Rum and experience the unique sensation of floating in the Dead Sea.
With two Feature Stays, experience the best of each country with a night in isolated elegance at a luxury camp in Wadi Rum and old school charm in Bethlehem in a converted historic home.
Lift the lid on Middle Eastern cuisine during Exclusive Experiences, including a delicious hummus tasting in Tel Aviv and hearty dinner at a Bedouin camp cooked in a traditional zarb.
Ramadan is an annual month-long festival, during which travel can be a rewarding cultural experience, however some regular services may not be available during the day, such as restaurants or cafes, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider this when selecting your travel dates. You’ll find dates and further information in the ‘Climate and seasonal information’ section of the Essential Trip Information.
This trip takes in many religious sites, so it’s best to come prepared. You will need to bring clothes that cover arms and legs – a light scarf is a good idea for hot days.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Petra By Night is offered as an optional activity. This activity is currently scheduled to operate on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Please check your departure date if you are planning this activity as it is not available on all departures.
4. The Feature Stay in Haifa will be changed to The Schumacher Hotel Haifa for the following departures: EEPIC230401, EEPIC230415, EEPIC230422
5. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information