A spectacular canyon country hiking experience in Utah
Experience Utah’s most famous national park as a standalone canyon country hiking experience or an add-on to a longer trip. Hike to the rim of Zion Canyon, wade through the cool waters of the Virgin River Narrows, and immerse yourself in the incredible red rock surroundings of Zion National Park. This unique natural environment sits on the border of an incredible physiographic region called the Colorado Plateau which is filled with spectacular rock formations. Sleep under the stars in the heart of Zion National Park on a backcountry camping and hiking adventure that is big on beauty.
Don't wait - plan your next people and planet-friendly adventure with just € 99* this March. Offer ends March 31.Terms & Conditions
Zion National Park is a natural playground for adventure lovers where you can explore highlights and hidden wonders like Scout Lookout and the Virgin River Narrows hike.
Take a stroll down the paved River Trail, buttressed by tumbling water on your left and a 3,000-foot cliff face on your right.
Experience the iconic Virgin River Narrows hike as you walk through moving water with your leader who will help you get your “stream legs” on your way to Orderville Canyon.
Take in the beauty of the serene Emerald Pools, named for their glorious green tones, then descend to the lawn of the historic Zion Lodge and enjoy a delicious picnic lunch.
Explore Snow Canyon which is like a mini Zion and cuts impressive walls from the lava-covered country above the rim through the slickrock country below.
This is a walking trip so a good fitness level will help you enjoying all included walks and activities.
In the event of high water, the Virgin River Narrows hike will be rerouted to a different trail in Zion. The Park is full of unforgettable hiking and scenery, so it’s easy to find an excellent substitute.
On our final day we will reach St. George in the late afternoon or early evening. This night’s accommodation is not included so please plan your departure accordingly, or pre-book a post-tour night.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Hiking and Camping in Zion trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
2. Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
5.This trip is operated and run by Wildland Trekking, an Intrepid company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers.
6. Please note, pre-trip orientation meeting will take place at 5:00 PM day before trip starts at Best Western Coral Hills hotel in St George. We recommend you book a pre tour night in that hotel.
7. A single supplement is available. The single supplement applies to all nights of the trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
8. A single tent is provided to all solo travellers at no extra cost.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information