When you hear the word ‘Iceland’, what do you think of?
We’re going to take a wild guess that geysers and glaciers, volcanoes and waterfalls, and all other manners of dramatic landscapes come to mind.
Spot on. The Nordic island nation is everything you’ve seen on Instagram, and more. And although there are all manners of ways you can see its delights (*cough* Intrepid’s Iceland tours *cough*), there’s one 5-day trip that might appeal to the time-poor adventurers among you: Iceland Express.
To highlight just how much you can see in this time period – from the famous Blue Lagoon and Golden Circle, to hauntingly beautiful black-sand beaches and glacier lagoons – we sent pro photographer Ryan Bolton on the trip. Here’s what he came back with:
Ready to plan your trip? Read these blogs:
- What to pack for a trip to Iceland
- 6 hot springs in Iceland even better than the Blue Lagoon
- How to travel Iceland on a budget
- 6 local dishes to try in Iceland
- Why planting trees might be the highlight of your Icelandic adventure
- 8 must-visit spots on Iceland’s South Coast
- Summer vs winter: the best time to visit the Golden Circle
- 7 waterfalls you should visit in Iceland
Ready to visit this dazzling destination for yourself? Check out Intrepid’s range of small group tours in Iceland.
(All images taken by Ryan Bolton on Intrepid’s 5-day Iceland Express trip.)