Explore Africa on a wildlife-rich adventure through South Africa, Namibia, Zambia and Tanzania.
Travel from the southern tip of South Africa to Tanzania’s famous Spice Island on this epic Overland journey through Africa. Starting in Cape Town, head through remote deserts, rolling savannas and lush mountains; cruise delta waterways by canoe, feel the spray of the massive Victoria Falls and meet locals in rural villages. Take 4x4 safari drives through three national parks in search of elephants, lions and hippos, relax on pristine beaches and sample local cuisine on this all-encompassing African adventure.
Listen to the songs and stories of Namibia’s San people, the oldest inhabitants of Southern Africa, and gain an insight into their traditional customs and beliefs.
Enjoy a full-day game drive in Etosha National Park, home to a wide range of Southern Africa's wildlife, and glide through the waterways of the Okovango Delta on a mokoro (a small dugout canoe), escaping civilisation at with an overnight stay at an island camp.
The cascades and evaporating mist of Victoria Falls are a wondrous sight. Have the opportunity to see the falls at multiple angles, perhaps with a bird’s eye view in a helicopter!
Visit the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust to learn about the rehabilitation of wildlife from poaching and get the chance to meet some rescued or orphaned wildlife currently in their care.
Journey from the interior plains out to some idyllic Indian Ocean hotspots. Take a stroll along the shores in Dar es Salaam and laze on the beaches in paradisiacal Zanzibar.
We use mokoros (small dugout canoes) to pass through the shallow waterways of the Okavango Delta to get to our campsite for the night.
We use our purpose-built overland vehicles for the duration of this trip. This multi-purpose truck allows for great game viewing with large sliding windows. As such the trucks do not have air-conditioning and conditions can be dusty and hot.
The overland vehicle is large enough to seat up to 22 passengers and carries all the camping equipment needed for the duration of this trip. Therefore the going can be slow over the long distances and often bumpy roads.
This is a participatory camping trip. You will be expected to set up and take down you own tent as well as assist with food preparation and cleaning.
As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
You may also want to check out our Cape Town to Nairobi trio if you have more time to explore in Africa.
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Days 7,8,9 (Chalet) and Days 17 (Camping) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. This trip is a combination of UXOF, YXON and YXOS of our most popular itineraries. As such the make up of your group and your leader may change on Days 22 and 38.
3. The Zanzibar portion of your itinerary may have a few more passengers than the maximum group size of 22 as we have a crossover of trips starting and finishing in Zanzibar.
4. This trip starts in Cape Town on Day 1 at 6pm. This allows time after the welcome meeting to explore Cape Town.
This trip finishes upon arrival in Stone Town on Day 41. Please do not book any flights until after 2 pm this afternoon.
5. Our operator has advised that customers with the J&J vaccine and no booster may have difficulty crossing the border into Botswana (and potentially Zimbabwe) without a negative test result. This information conflicts with various government travel advice websites. We recommend you check with your local consulate before travel to ensure you have the most up to date information.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information