This is the stuff dreams are made of – snow-dusted peaks, turquoise lakes, glittering glaciers and vibrant forests. For many, the Canadian Rockies are only admired out of coach windows, but if you really want to get to the heart of the region and experience it at its very best, a bicycle is your best bet. This six-day cycling adventure is led by a local and kicks off from Calgary before venturing on to Banff National Park, Lake Louise, the Icefields Parkway and Jasper National Park. Challenging and rewarding, your rides deliver in big views and memorable moments.
Dates and availability
Please note this trip requires a minimum of 2 booked customers to guarantee the departure. If minimum numbers are not met, you will be advised no later than 56 days out from departure (prior to full payment due). Your Booking Agent will advise at time of booking if the departure has met minimum numbers and is guaranteed to depart. We recommend arranging flights and related travel services only once your Booking Agent has confirmed your departure is guaranteed. In the event that your departure is cancelled due to minimum numbers not being met, a full refund will be provided of monies paid.
To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle. While the cycling distances on this trip are relatively short, the terrain can sometimes be hilly so you’ll need a reasonable level of fitness to enjoy the trip – but remember, we will always have the support vehicle on hand if you need to take a break for an hour or a day.
1. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at midday (12pm) on Day 1 in Calgary.
2. This trip ends on Day 6 at approximately 4pm.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so we can organise a suitable sized bike.
5. The included bikes on this trip are a flat bar 'hybrid-style'. You have the option (at extra cost) of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) on this trip - this must be requested at the time of booking.
6. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
7. For groups of less than six travellers we have a single leader that drives the support vehicle alongside the group. For larger groups we have a separate driver and the leader will cycle all routes. Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a backmarker.
8. Accommodation is not included on day 6 of this trip. If you require additional accommodation (or want to reserve your room for the main part of the day) please enquire at the time of booking.
9. Please note the trip beginning on 6 Aug 2022 will continue to on Jasper to overnight rather than stay at the Icefields parkway lodge on Day 4. On some departures you may visit Athabasca Glacier on Day 5, not Day 4
10. Due to Covid-19 restrictions some of the local attractions may be temporarily closed, running reduced hours, or require booking ahead. Please check their websites for up-to-date opening hours.