Uncover enigmatic wonders and cultural charm in India’s north
Welcome to northern India, where ancient religion, cultural heritage and wild wonders are laced through the country’s modern facade. On this 10-day Premium adventure you’ll discover the Pink City of Jaipur, witness the Mughal splendours of Delhi and Agra, safari through Ranthambhore National Park in search of tigers and soak up the ambience of holy Varanasi on a sunrise cruise. A local leader will bring the magic of India to light, from lavish palaces to vibrant bazaars and the incomparable Taj Mahal. Packed with hotspots and hidden gems, discover the cultural heart of India.
Our best accommodation and highest level of service.
Unusual, exceptional and authentic on-trip experiences.
Led by our most experienced and highest rated local leaders.
Discover the beauty in buildings that lie across the north of India, from Jaipur’s Amber Fort and Royal City Palace to Agra’s Red Fort and iconic Taj Mahal.
Taste the best of Indian cuisine during Exclusive Experiences, including a street food tour with a local expert in Agra and a wonderful meal in the home of a Brahmin family in Jaipur.
Embark on both morning and sunset safaris through Ranthambore National Park in search of antelope, sloth bears, leopards and the elusive tigers that call this park home.
Spend two elegant evenings at your Feature Stay hotel in Jaipur. The heritage hotel has been in the same family since its opening in 1928 and offers opulent details and warm, friendly service.
Take part in Exclusive Experiences to remember – visit to a royal haveli in Jaipur and hear the stories of its owner’s ancestors, and cruise down the Ganges at sunset accompanied by local musicians.
In the summer months, Rajasthan can get very hot. Be sure to drink lots of water, pack light cotton clothing and use adequate skin protection.
There are several early mornings on this trip, as many parts of India really come alive in the dawn light.
It can get foggy between December and February, which can put a new spin on the already spectacular scenery. However, it may cause traffic congestion and delays.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Premium India trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Please provide a scanned copy of your passport bio page at time of booking to secure a permit for your Ranthambhore National Park visit. Authorities at the park follow a strict booking process whereby permits are issued on a first come first serve basis. If we do not receive your passport scan in time we cannot guarantee you will be able to join the safari. Your full name will need to be provided exactly as it appears on your passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport) for flight tickets. Ticketing fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases, you will be required to cover the cost of issuing a new ticket if an amendment occurs.
4. This trip includes domestic flights. The luggage allowance is 15kg for check in luggage and 7kg for carry on. You can store excess luggage at the start point hotel. Currently, there are no non-stop flights operating between Jaipur and Varanasi, so you will fly through Delhi. This flight will require an early morning start time.
5. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
6. The HHPG231030 and HHPG231113 departures will stay at Shahpura House in Jaipur rather than Niwas Palace.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information