Weave your way from Sydney to Cairns along Australia’s breathtaking east coast on this 14-day adventure. Start by sampling some of Australia’s best wines in the Hunter Valley, get up close and cuddly with koalas in Dorrigo National Park and spend a free day soaking up the vibes of Byron Bay. The good times keep rolling over state lines, as Queensland offers the beautiful Whitsundays, the wilderness of the Atherton Tablelands and the sublime scenery and vast golden beaches of K’gari (formerly Fraser Island). By the time you wrap up in Cairns, you’ll have had a truly all-Australian experience.
Dates and availability
1. The trip starts in Sydney with a Welcome Meeting at 9am on Day 1 at our joining point hotel.
2. The trip finishes on arrival in Cairns on Day 14 at our finish point hotel around 5pm. Accommodation is not included on this day but can be booked on request.
3. A Single Supplement can be booked if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip, subject to availability.
4. The overnight train is in RailBed class and is not accompanied by a tour leader. Should the train not operate due to track works or other factors outside of our control, it will be replaced with alternative transportation and an additional night stay in a destination enroute.
5. Luggage weight (max 20kg for main luggage, 7kg for hand luggage) and size (23cm x 34cm x 48cm) limits apply for our overnight train journey.
6. This is a combination trip made up of two shorter trips. This means the composition of your group may change in Brisbane as some group members leave and new ones join you.