Tackle Mt Kilimanjaro via the quiet wilderness of the Rongai Route on this eight-day adventure. Approach the striking mountain from the north for the opportunity to see mountainside animals like monkeys and even the occasional elephant. Traverse through rich forests along the north-eastern side, then trek to the summit at dawn for a spectacular sunrise. With an expert crew of local porters, guides and cooks, you’re in capable hands for a hike that promises to be unforgettable.
Dates and availability
1. Although no mountaineering experience is required a good level of physical fitness is necessary. You must be comfortable walking 6-8 hours uphill a day.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. A Passenger Self-Assessment Form is required for this trip. An Intrepid booking agent will provide you with this form when you book to fill out before arrival.
4. Parts of your trip go above 2800 meters (9200 feet) where it is common for travelers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude.
5. Please arrange your flights and transfers to arrive at your Marangu hotel before 4 pm on Day 1 in order to attend the very important pre-climb briefing and information session.
Filter by rating