From Rajasthani heritage stays and the iconic Taj Mahal to the beauty of the Himalaya, this trip has it all
From the deserts of Rajasthan to the holiest river around, India will blow you away. Cross into Nepal to where Buddha did his thing, before getting active with some rafting and a bit of a trek around the mighty Himalayas. This jam-packed trip covers a bit of everything. We love it, and we think you will to.
Some of our under-30 travellers prefer to get around with people their own age. If that’s you, you’re in the right place!
Over 29? We’ve got over 900 other great adventures to choose from for solo travellers, friends, families, food lovers, hiking enthusiasts, and more.
Don't wait - plan your next people and planet-friendly adventure with just € 99* this March. Offer ends March 31.Terms & Conditions
Travel solo, together
You're never alone when travelling solo with Intrepid
It's hard not to fall in love with the tiny Rajasthani village of Tordi. The locals will feed you and you'll sleep in a 16th-century palace. Oh, and there's some ruined temples and a pretty cool fortress nearby by too.
The Taj Mahal may be one of the most recognisable buildings in the world, but do you know its poetic history? A local expert will fill you in.
Explore Amber Palace and snaps pics in front of a slew of other ornate pink-hued buildings in oh-so-pretty Jaipur.
See pilgrims praying and bathing along the ghats of the sacred Ganges River during an unforgettable sunrise cruise in Varanasi, one of India's holiest cities.
Lumbini is no ordinary town. Visit the birthplace of Gautama Buddha, the founder of Buddhism, and tour its temples and the legendary Ashoka Pillars.
Spot Rhino's and other exotic wildlife in Chitwan National Park, one of the best places to view wildlife in all of Asia.
Stretch your legs on an awesome three-day, low-altitude trek through villages and rhododendron forests, taking in the amazing sights of the Annapurna ranges.
Kick back in super-zen Pokhara, where you can take a boat out on the smooth water of Phewa Lake and cruise beneath behemoth mountains.
There are several long travelling days, including Agra to Varanasi (12 hours), Varanasi to Lumbini (10 hours) and Pokhara to Kathmandu (7 hours).
Weather in India can be very hot in summer so ensure that you pack accordingly, and transport can be delayed by fog in January to February.
This trip crosses the India-Nepal border on Day 9 at Sanuli.
The Nepal section of this trip has a trekking component of up to 6 hours a day at a max of 2200 metres/7200 feet.
This trip has an included rafting activity on Days 3 and 4. You will need to be able to swim to take part in this activity.
Weather can change rapidly in the mountains, please ensure you have read the packing list for suitable clothing.
1. An excellent level of fitness is required for this trip as there are long trekking days in difficult terrain.
2. Altitude does not exceed 1950 metres/6400 feet on this trip.
3. Rafting on the Trisuli River is grade 3+.
4. Please ensure you bring a passport size photo for our Annapurna trek permit application.
5. A sleeping bag is required for this trip. Please bring your own or hire one in Kathmandu.
6. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Days 16, 17 and 18 (Tea House) and Day 6 (Overnight sleeper train) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
7. Hot air balloon flights are operated by Sky Waltz in Jaipur. Flights operate from September 1st to April 30th and last approximately 60 mins. Return transfers, tea and coffee plus light refreshments and a certificate of flight are included in the cost. You can register your interest and pay your tour leader at your joining meeting on day 1 of your trip. Payment must be made by cash in either INR/AUD/USD/GBP only and is USD$260pp (subject to change). Flights are subject to availability and weather conditions (tickets are fully refundable in case of bad weather).
8. This trip is a combination of HNYK and HNYU our most popular itineraries. As such the make up of your group and your leader may change on day 13.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information