From Naples to Amalfi, explore Italy's spectacular coastline on foot
Lace up your boots and set your eyes to the spectacular and sparkling Mediterranean horizon for this scenic hiking trip on the Amalfi Coast. Stroll through the lush Mulini and Ferriere valleys, say 'buongiorno' to local farmers along the 'Pathway of the Gods', hitch a ride on a boat to the glamorous island of Capri, and paddle to secluded beaches by kayak. There's no doubt about it: the Amalfi Coast is one of the most beautiful parts of Italy if not the world.
Naples is the perfect place to make discoveries. Perhaps descend below Naples’ streets to discover the famous catacombs, before indulging in a traditional pizza in one Naples' many eateries. Buon appetito!
The ancient Roman town of Pompeii has been frozen in time under the shadow of the very volcano which destroyed it, Mount Vesuvius. Explore the vast ruins, including the House of the Faun and the Temple of Apollo, then ascend the volcano and explore hidden sulphuric vents with a specialist volcanology guide.
Walk the Path of the Gods along the spectacular Sentiero degli Dei, one of the most scenic trails in the world
Descend into the mysterious Valley of the Mills, where the canopy keeps the temperature pleasant throughout the summer months
The island of Capri isn't just a lavish retreat for Roman emperors of the past and their modern day equivalents. Powerful cliff faces enclose secluded coves, grottos and spectacular Mediterranean scenery
This hiking trip requires a good level of fitness and health, due to the varied terrain and potentially hot temperatures. Many of the hiking days involve steep hills and lots of steps that you'll need to be able to walk up and down. Walking times vary between three and six hours a day, but the rewards are worth every step.
Summer temperatures around the Amalfi Coast can be extreme (up to 40°C), which can be uncomfortable. It’s important to use sun protection, wear layers to combat the heat and drink plenty of water. Please consider the time of the year you wish to travel and your suitability to that season.
As accommodation on this trip is twin-share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same sex. If you’d prefer not to share, a single room supplement is bookable at an additional charge, subject to availability. Please ask your booking agent for more details.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Amalfi Coast: Hike & Kayak trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip requires a good level of fitness and health, due to the varied terrain and potentially hot temperatures. Many of the hiking days involve steep hills and lots of steps that you'll need to be able to walk up and down. Walking times vary between three and six hours a day, but the rewards are worth every step.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information. Please note that due to the small properties we use in Europe there is only a limited amount of single supplements available per trip departure. If you would like to book a single supplement and enquire about availability please speak to your booking agent.
3. Since the start of Covid-19 access to Mt Vesuvius has become more and more limited due to Covid restrictions. There may be times when it is impossible to secure entry to the hike. If this occurs the activity will be replaced by a “Pasta Experience”,at a local “Pastificio” (pasta factory).
4. This trip has different Start and Finish Point accommodation depending on the time of year - please check the Accommodation section for further details.
5. Accommodation providers on the Amalfi Coast are experiencing unprecedented demand post covid. Therefore it is possible your group may be spilt between nearby hotels. Your tour leader will advise the details of this on day 1 (if your departure is affected).
6. Due to limited storage space on transport travellers can bring one piece of main luggage only (20 kgs max). It cannot be guaranteed that excess luggage can be transported, and fees may apply.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information