Nepal is one of our favourite destinations. It’s a place that’s challenges the mind and body, yet always rewards the spirit. The visual overload forms just one part of what makes this place so out of this world!
From the cultural hub of Kathmandu to the epic mountain peaks of the Gokyo region and the trail to Everest Base Camp – travellers say its the people, the traditions and the feeling of the place that totally blow your mind.
We’ve pulled together a collection of images that gets right down to the experience. Some are from the travel community, others we’ve roped in from our own team. We’ll let you decide whether it covers the tip of Nepal’s entire spectrum of awesomeness. Enjoy, friends. This is Nepal.
1. A local wave in Khajuri
2. Boudhanath Stupa, Kathmandu
3. Butter lamps at Boudhanath Stupa
4. A woman weaving in the area of Muktinath
5. Subtropical forest
6. Sunlight behind a prayer flag
7. Monkey at Swayambhunath, Kathmandu Valley
8. Himalaya jeep in the snow
9. Flowers at Boudhanath Stupa, Kathmandu
Image by Vasiliy Ptitsyn
10. Everest Base Camp trail
11. The trek to Everest Base Camp
12. Everest dog
13. Prayer flags at Everest Base Camp
14. The long bridge
15. Meeting the people
16. The peak
Feature image by The Common Wanderer.