Set off on a fully supported hike among Pakistan’s highest peaks
Trek among the towering rock walls and lush valley floors of Northern Pakistan’s Karakoram Range and Nangma Valley. The Baltistan region, sometimes known as Little Tibet, is a mountaineer’s paradise. Spend four days trekking along well-marked and relatively easy trails that cross glacial streams running through vibrant pastures and camp under the stars. You’ll be fully supported by a professional and welcoming crew of porters, guides and camp cooks who will prepare fresh and filling hot meals featuring local Pakistani dishes. Along your roundtrip journey from Islamabad, you’ll also get the chance to meet Balti locals and learn about the history and culture of this region, through dancing, shared meals and expert local knowledge.
For a limited time only secure your dream 2023 adventure for $99 - Offer ends soon!Terms & Conditions
Walk among the towering peaks of Northern Pakistan’s Baltistan region on well-marked trails in Nangma Valley.
Enjoy fully-supported camping with expert guides, porters and a professional cooking team, providing warm Pakistani meals at every campsite.
Opt for a day hike to the mountaineer’s paradise of Amin Brakk, also known as the Great Tower.
Join in a live Balti dance performance at the Nangma Valley campsite and cross paths with local shepherds whose pastures share these trails.
Tap into your local leader’s expert insights as you take some time to explore the capital city of Islamabad
This trip visits places as high as 4500 metres above sea level, which can cause altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health. Please see the ‘Medical and health’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more details on travelling at altitude and ensure you are familiar with signs of Acute Mountain Sickness.
This trip involves a full camping experience, giving you access to more remote destinations at close proximity, and the joy of experiencing the elements. Expect two-person tents (singe supplement available) and sleeping bags, as well as a separate mess tent to enjoy fresh meals prepared by your support crew.
Please read our packing list for required equipment carefully, and remember that you don’t necessarily have to bring it all with you – you can hire or buy some of it in Skardu.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Trek the Yosemite of Pakistan trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. Arrival and Departure transfers are included in this trip, please provide us with your exact flights details no later than 14 days prior to your departure.
3. Due to the demands of travelling at high altitudes a Passenger Self Assessment Form is required for this trip. You will be trekking on hilly terrain, generally on well-defined paths, walking anywhere between 2–7 hours per day. Altitude may exceed 4500 metres.
4. On this tour we travel from Islamabad to Skardu by plane. In case of unfavourable weather, we may need to swap the flight and drive instead. Please see Special Information box on day 2 for exact contingency plan.
5. Passport scans are required at the time of booking to book domestic flights.
6. All trekking permits and National Parks entrance fees are included in the price of the trip.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information