Admire the sweeping landscapes of Tanzania – full of incredible wildlife and fascinating cultures – on this 12-day adventure. From the pristine beaches of Zanzibar across the lush slopes of the Usambara Mountains and through the savannas of Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti, discover a land where elephants roam, lions hunt and communities embrace the land. This is the heart of Africa – a land for the true explorer. When will you go in search of the Big Five?
Dates and availability
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 2pm on Day 1 in Stone Town. This trip ends on Day 12, and you are free to leave at any time.
3. An optional sunrise balloon ride in the Serengeti National Park is possible on this itinerary. Please see the itinerary above for full details of this activity. As the balloon only holds 16 people, places are limited, and we recommend you book in advance. Please inquire when booking your trip to book this optional activity.
4. This trip is a combination of YXON and YXOQ of our most popular itineraries. As such the makeup of your group and your leader may change on Day 4.
5. The Zanzibar portion of your itinerary may have a few more passengers than the maximum group size of 22 as we have a crossover of trips starting and finishing in Zanzibar.
6. This trip finishes upon arrival at our finish point hotel in Nairobi on Day 12. Please do not book any flights until after 8 pm this evening.
Filter by rating