Discover South America’s ancient ruins, explore colonial sights and wander through vibrant markets to get a real taste of Andean village life in the Sacred Valley. Take a winding train journey through the steep Urumbamba Valley to Aguas Calientes, the gateway to Peru’s most famous site. The ancient ‘Lost City’ of Machu Picchu is truly extraordinary and has to be seen to be believed.
Dates and availability
1. This Short Break Adventure is a ‘join in’ group departure, which means you are not accompanied by an Intrepid group leader – our local representative fills this role – and the configuration of any fellow travelers in the group might change during the trip. On Day 2 of this trip, there may be up to 35 people sharing the services however the Machu Picchu tour on Day 3 will be Intrepid passengers only and a maximum of 16 passengers.
2. This trip will run with a minimum of one person, so you may be joined by other travelers (some booked through different companies) on the same date as you, or you may be on your own.
3. This tour starts with a pre-departure meeting at on Day 1 at approximately 2 pm in the hotel foyer.
4. This Short Break Adventure concludes at approximately 8 pm on Day 3. Departing flights from Cusco on this day must not be booked prior to 10 pm.
5. Full passport details are required at the time of booking in order to purchase Entrance fees to certain sites. Additionally on certain trips it's needed to book bus, train or flight tickets. Delays to provide this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary.
6. This trip includes one visit to Machu Picchu. According to Machu Picchu visiting regulations, all visitors must follow a pre-determined route within the site. This route must be followed in one direction only, and once the guided visit commences exiting and re-entering the site is not permitted. Once the guided visit concludes, visitors must exit the site and personal exploration of Machu Picchu is not permitted. Please refer to the itinerary for details.
Filter by rating