Uncover the mysterious mountain kingdom of Bhutan
Discover a land of mysticism, proud tradition and pure happiness on a 9-day Premium adventure through the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan. This country has a story tell, and a local leader will help you uncover Bhutan’s rich cultural heritage as you wind through forested valleys, fortified monasteries and sacred mountains. Discover the compelling history of Thimphu, hike the valleys of Punakha, learn about black-necked cranes in Phobjikha and climb to the legendary Tiger’s Nest in Paro. A journey through the astonishing beauty of the people, landscape and culture of Bhutan will leave your happiness levels off the scale.
Don't wait - plan your next people and planet-friendly adventure with just € 99* this March. Offer ends March 31.Terms & Conditions
Our best accommodation and highest level of service.
Unusual, exceptional and authentic on-trip experiences.
Led by our most experienced and highest rated local leaders.
See Bhutan through the eyes of a local as you travel with a leader who will bring the country’s unique history, legends and traditions to life.
Get acquainted with rare and fascinating wildlife in the breathtaking Phobjika valley, including a visit to a protection and information centre for black-necked cranes, a Premium Exclusive Experience.
Climb to the teetering monastery of Taktsang (the Tiger's Nest) 900 metres above Paro’s valley floor and take in once-in-a-lifetime views.
Visit the important monastery of Gangte Goemba during an Exclusive Experience and learn about two subjects at heart of Bhutanese culture – Buddhism and happiness.
Unwind in your Feature Stay accommodation, a traditionally beautiful and eco-conscious resort tucked away in the glorious mountains of Paro.
Due to the high altitude of the places we visit some people can suffer altitude sickness, regardless of age, gender or fitness. It even happened to Sir Edmund Hillary! Please see the ‘Medical and Health Information’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more details.
The hike to Tiger’s Nest can be strenuous. The trek can take up to 5 hours and reach an altitude of 3120 metres.
In Bhutan short distances can take much longer due to small, narrow roads and mountain passes. Motion sickness can be an issue on longer driving days on windy roads.
All meals are included due to the nature of travelling in Bhutan. This means there may be limited choices on some days.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Premium Bhutan trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Complimentary airport arrival and departure transfers are included. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Entry to Bhutan is very strict and travellers can only enter Bhutan on a group visa as part of a tour. All travellers must arrive on Day 1 and depart on Day 9 to be eligible for a group visa. At time of booking, please provide your booking agent with a scanned colour copy of your passport, a scanned colour passport photo, proof of travel insurance that includes coverage for Covid-19 and proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
4. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport). Fees may apply for adding or amending details within 60 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing new tickets.
5. Bhutan's airlines are renowned for last minute changes to flight timetables into and out of Bhutan. Please allow a minimum of 24 hours transit time before and after your flights into and out of Bhutan. Timetables are available on the Druk Airlines and Air Bhutan websites.
6. If you have booked additional accommodation and transfers in Kathmandu, please see the ‘Passports, visas and entry requirements’ section of the Essential Trip Information for details regarding visas and arrival in Nepal.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information