Discover one of the UK's best loved landscapes by bike
Explore the scenery that makes the Lake District so truly remarkable from the saddle of a bicycle. This four-day Intrepid Cycling experience offers a comfortable yet active way to discover a part of Britain that has inspired both poets and cyclists alike. Base yourself in the charming market town of Keswick and cycle your way alongside the serene waters of Derwentwater and Buttermere and up the challenging but rewarding Honister and Newlands Passes. You’ll also pass the ancient Stone Circle and bridges, yet still have enough time to enjoy a quiet brew at Keswick Brewery along the way.
Riding gives you the time to appreciate some of the finest scenery in the UK in the Lake District National Park.
Ride back 5000 years in time as you take in the sight of the ancient Castlerigg Stone Circle.
Challenge yourself on the serpentine slopes of the Honister Pass – there will be more than enough stops to soaks up the scenery.
Finish your ride at the Keswick brewery for a refreshing ale or two, a reward right for a full day in the saddle.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
While the cycling distances on this trip are relatively short the stunning the terrain of the Lake District is at times hilly so you’ll need a good level of fitness to enjoy the trip.
On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group.
As our riding is done on a mix of sealed roads and gravel cycle paths/tracks a good level of cycling skills is required.
There’s the possibility of a few hiccups along the way – a puncture here and there – but there’s no doubt this is an incredibly rewarding adventure.
As accommodation on this trip is multi-share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same gender. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can. If you’d prefer not to share, a single room supplement is available at an additional charge. Please ask your travel consultant for more details, and please note that in some hotels a single supplement exclusion applies where single rooms are not available.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle the Lake District trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A Single Supplement may be available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information.
2. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so as we can organise a suitable sized bike.
3. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
4. On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group.
5. As we always start and return to the same accommodation each day this trip does not have a support vehicle.
6. Accommodation is not included on day 4 of this trip and you will need to check out before commencing the final ride. If you require additional accommodation (or want to reserve your room for the main part of the day) please enquire at time of booking.
7. We advise clients not to book anything departing the Lake District prior to 4pm on Day 4. We may finish earlier but with differences in group fitness, potential difficult weather, we advise 4pm just to be safe.
8. Due to Covid-19 restrictions some of the local attractions may be temporarily closed, running reduced hours, or require booking ahead. Please check their websites for up-to-date opening hours.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information