Discover one of the UK's best loved landscapes by bike
Explore the diverse scenery, great food, and mild weather that makes the Cornwall a perennial favourite from the saddle of a bicycle. This four-day Intrepid Cycling experience offers an active way to discover a part of Britain that has inspired surfers, outdoor enthusiasts, walkers and cyclists alike. Start from the beach mecca of Newquay and cycle your way alongside the Atlantic coast on the South West Coast Path before turning inland through Wadebridge past ancient castles and the space-age Eden Project. The cycling is the highlight, but you’ll have plenty of time to experience all that Cornwall has to offer along the way.
Cycle in one of the UK's most appealing landscapes and alongside the dramatic Atlantic Ocean – there are few better views than from handlebar height.
It’s not just sights seen from bikes – step back in history at the ancient Restormel Castle, or plan for the future at the Eden Project.
Enjoy the famous Cornish hospitality in the many small cafes and shops, and be sure to try a famous pasties or two along the way.
Be charmed by the picture-perfect port town of Padstow and the ideal cycling conditions of the nearby Camel Trail.
Start and finish your trip in Newquay, the beating heart of Cornwall and home to some of the finest surfing beaches in Britain.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle. There is no support vehicle on this trip so you need to be fit enough to cycle the distances described. On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group. Our riding is done mostly on sealed roads and gravel cycle paths so no technical cycling skills are required.
As accommodation on this trip is multi-share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same gender. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can. If you’d prefer not to share, a single room supplement is available at an additional charge. Please ask your travel consultant for more details, and please note that in some hotels a single supplement exclusion applies where single rooms are not available.
This trip does not have a support vehicle but your luggage is transported for you each day.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle Cornwall trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip commences at 11am on Day 1.
2. A Single Supplement may be available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information.
3. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so as we can organise a suitable sized bike.
4. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
5. On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group.
6. This trip does not have a support vehicle but your luggage is transported for you each day.
7. Accommodation is not included on day 4 of this trip and the trip finishes on arrival back into Newquay. If you require additional accommodation please enquire at time of booking.
8. Due to Covid-19 restrictions some of the local attractions may be temporarily closed, running reduced hours, or require booking ahead. Please check their websites for up-to-date opening hours.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information