make your photo a winner
Capturing on camera the things that you love about travel can be a challenge, but the rewards are worth it. Not only do you get to reminisce with your happy holiday snaps when you return, but you can enter the Intrepid Photography Competition and be in the running to WIN a trip of your choice!
So what makes a winning Intrepid photo? We asked Angela Strangis, Intrepid’s Studio Manager extraordinaire, what they look for when choosing brochure photos…
“The best travel brochure shots really draw you in to the picture. You can imagine how fantastic it would be to enjoy an experience just like that! My top five tips for inclusion in Intrepid’s brochures are:
1. Consider whether your subject will work better in portrait or landscape format.
2. Look at the background – make sure it doesn’t include something ugly or unsuitable.
3. Colourful shots are always great, so find something to brighten up anything drab.
4. “Say cheese!” – we love smiles and shots of people having fun.
5. Responsible travel includes responsible photos, so be certain you are not encouraging cruelty to animals or inappropriate behaviour by taking photos.”
Now is the time to get clicking to enter our Intrepid Photography Competition. All you need to enter is a camera, a keen eye and great travel spirit!
* photo by Jeremy Nance – Intrepid Photography Competition March 2011 winner.