With dense greenery, difficult passes, glistening rivers and incredible views, it is hard to believe that the historic Kokoda Track was the site of one of the bloodiest battles for Australian troops in WWII. Discover the humbling history and remote beauty of the track on this 10-day adventure, with eight days of intense trekking through the Papua New Guinea mountains – a pilgrimage that honours those who fought and lost their lives here in 1942. With the guidance of your personal porter, trekking leader and a hardworking local crew to illuminate the wartime stories of the trail, this trip will see you testing your personal stamina on a journey through tiny villages and thick jungle.
Dates and availability
1. This is a very physically & mentally challenging trip. Travellers MUST be in exceptional physical health to undertake this trip. A Passenger Self Assessment form is required when booking this trip.
2. Strict luggage limits apply. Please see Packing for details.
3. Return airport transfers are included, provided you advise your flight details at the time of booking.
4. Special Anzac Day departures operate on 15 April & 24 April.
5. The minimum age for this trip is 18 years old and bookings for minors, even if accompanied by a parent, cannot be accepted.
6. A t-shirt commemorating your Kokoda trek is included in the price of your tour. Please ensure you provide your t-shirt size 8 weeks prior to your tour commencing to ensure we are able to order you the correct fitting shirt.
7. A rucksack (to be carried by your porter), day pack (to be carried by you) are included in your trip cost.
8. A sleeping mat and walking pole are NOT supplied so you will need to bring these with you.
Filter by rating