Hit the highlights of some big cities and sleep under the total darkness of an unpolluted night sky on this epic road trip through America’s West. On this 16-day adventure, you’ll start in San Francisco, enjoy three days of exploring Yosemite National Park and all its natural wonders then drive through the scenic Sierra Nevada. Cruise into glitzy Vegas for some nightlife and then get back to nature in Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park and the Grand Canyon. Explore at your own pace and see a pretty epic sunset before heading on to Joshua Tree on Route 66. Head to LA – the city of stars – and drive to some of California’s best coastal spots. See Big Sur, Monterey and McWay Falls before ending it all back in San Fran.
Dates and availability
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6pm on Day 1 in San Francisco and finishes on arrival back into San Francisco at approximately 5pm on Day 16.
2. In San Francisco and Los Angeles the group will be in 8 and 6 person dorms, with shared bathrooms. The hostel will do their best to separate the group by gender, but it's not guaranteed.
3. A Single Supplement to have your own room (or tent) is available on this trip however excludes night 1 (San Francisco) and night 13 (Los Angeles) where you will be in shared accommodation.
4. On the last day of the trip: The arrival time into San Francisco depends on each group, but if you decide to fly out on this day, please don't book a flight before 9 pm.
5. A sleeping bag is required for this trip.
6. Please note that the legal drinking age in the US is 21 and in some parts of Canada it's 19.