Lace up and explore the coastal trails of the US’s northernmost state
Pack your best hiking shoes for an adventurous walking trip that loops from Anchorage and takes in all the highlights of Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula. On this 7-day tour, you’ll explore the mountainous trails of the Kenai Fjords National Park and Chugach State Park, stand atop the ancient Harding Icefield and maybe even spot some marine wildlife in the cold coastal waters. With transportation between trails and leisurely stops in the laidback fishing town of Seward and the artsy town of Homer, you’ll have plenty of time to relax and refresh – or keep moving with one of the many optional add-on activities to choose from.
Enjoy some of Alaska's most scenic and iconic hikes, with views of Prince William Sound, snow-capped mountains and glaciers as you explore the Kenai Peninsula and Kenai Fjords National Park.
Let an expert guide take you on all included treks, with local knowledge and years of experience that will give you real insight into Alaskan life and nature.
Walk on the expansive Harding Icefield, one of 4 major icecaps in the US and believed to be a remnant of the Pleistocene ice masses that once covered half of Alaska.
Spend a free day exploring the small city of Homer at your own pace, with options for halibut fishing, bear viewing or just relaxing in this place that’s famously known as “the end of the road.”
Hike up the Flattop Mountain in Chugach State Park for the best views of Anchorage on one side, and breathtaking views of mountaintops and deep valleys on the other.
This is a hiking trip. Please carefully read description of all hikes. A good level of fitness is desirable to fully enjoy all included hikes. Be sure to bring appropriate gear: good walking boots, rain gear and warm clothing.
This trip starts on Day 1 at 10 am in Anchorage and travels to Seward after the welcome meeting. If you are at risk of being late, please consider arriving a day earlier and staying in Anchorage before the tour begins.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Hiking in Kenai Fjords National Park trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 10am on Day 1 in Anchorage. Please consider booking an extra pre tour night in Anchorage to make sure you will be on time for the start of your adventure.
2. There are no activities planned for the final day so you may depart at any time.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. Many Alaska businesses are facing an unprecedented shortage of workers as customers return and the pandemic retreats. Hotels and restaurants are amongst the most affected. Please be aware this may result in a longer than usual hotel check-in procedures. If you face any issues with hotel or restaurant services while on the tour, please advise your Tour Leader immediately.
5. We recognize that bear viewing flights are a popular option, however at this time we are still assessing the safety of the activity and thus cannot recommend a provider/pre-book it for you. Should you wish to participate you will need to pre-book this activity yourself.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information