Discover the delights of South America in Peru, Argentina and Brazil
There are many sides to South America, from the energy of the cities, the beauty of the lansdcapes and the spirit of its people. Discover it all on this trip that winds through the Inca heartlands and jungles of Peru, the enigmatic cities and natural wonders of Argentina and the dynamism of Brazil's vivacious Rio. See animals, meet locals, traverse trails and marvel at all the contrasts of this very special corner of the world.
A trip through Peru wouldn't be complete without a visit to Machu Picchu. Let a scenic train do the climbing for you, then enjoy a guided tour around the world-famous ruins.
Look for rainbows in the mist from both the Brazilian and Argentinian sides as you marvel at the power of Iguazu Falls which are higher than Niagara Falls and wider than Victoria Falls.
Visit a local Guarani community to meet some of the region’s few remaining indigenous people and learn how the falls were created when the serpent god M’Boy split the river in half.
Get hands on making empanadas or pizzas for lunch, followed by the quintessential Argentinian sweet treat – alfajores – at an NGO in the Barracas neighbourhood.
The giant desert inscriptions of the Nazca Lines are one of Peru's great unsolved mysteries. Scrutinise them up close on a viewing platform or from a bird's-eye-view on an optional flight.
Parts of your trip go above 28000m/9200ft where it is common for travellers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude - regardless of your age, gender and fitness. Please see the ‘Medical and Health Information’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more detail.
Visitors are not permitted to explore Machu Picchu without a Machu Picchu guide (not our trip leaders) and must follow set routes within the site. This trip includes one guided visit of Machu Picchu (approximately 1.5 - 2 hours). Your leader will provide more information to ensure you get the most out of your visit to this incredible site.
There are several orientation walks and city tours during this trip so there will be quite a lot of walking. It’s important to always bring plenty of water, wear comfortable walking shoes and ensure you use adequate sun protection.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. This trip starts in Lima on Day 1 at 2pm. This allows time after the welcome meeting to explore the city. This trip ends on Day 21 and you are free to leave at any time.
4. This trip includes domestic and international flights as indicated on the trip map. The flights from Lima through to Buenos Aires have a luggage allowance of 23kg for check in luggage and 7kg for carry on. The flights from Buenos Aires to Puerto Iguazu, and Foz do Iguacu to Rio de Janeiro have a luggage allowance of 15kg for check in luggage and 5kg for carry on. Argentina is particularly strict on these limits.
5. Full passport details are required at the time of booking. These details are used to obtain entrance and transport tickets. Fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing new tickets.
6. This trip includes taking the train to Machu Picchu. You can choose to hike the 1-Day Inca Trail for an additional cost. Please see Day 11 of the Itinerary and contact your booking agent if you’re interested in this activity.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information