Explore Australia’s sun-kissed east coast from Queensland's capital Brisbane to the tropical hub of Cairns on an epic oceanic trip that offers one coastal paradise after another. Take an off-road adventure across the undulating dunes of K'gari (formerly Fraser Island), snorkel through the dazzling tropical waters of Whitehaven Beach, flop and drop on the palm-fringed sands of laidback Mission Beach, soak up the energy and nightlife of Airlie Beach after sunset and explore colourful underwater worlds in your free time. On this eight-day road trip, you’ll get wet and wild in waterfalls and rainforests and salty and sandy on islands and beaches – what could be better?
Dates and availability
1. The trip starts in Brisbane with a Welcome Meeting at 10am on Day 1 at our joining point hotel.
2. The trip finishes on arrival in Cairns on Day 8 at our finish point hotel around 5pm. Accommodation is not included on this day but can be booked on request.
3. A Single Supplement can be booked if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip, subject to availability.
4. The overnight train is in RailBed class and is not accompanied by a tour leader. Should the train not operate due to track works or other factors outside of our control, it will be replaced with alternative transportation and an additional night stay in a destination enroute.
5. Luggage weight (max 20kg for main luggage, 7kg for hand luggage) and size (23cm x 34cm x 48cm) limits apply for our overnight train journey.