Fact – it’s not humanly possible to watch Disney’s The Lion King and not immediately want to pack your bags for a safari across Africa.
Whether you’re in love with the 25-year-old classic or are eagerly awaiting the release of Jon Favreau’s epic remake – these photos give you a window into the continent that inspired them both.
From the plains of the Serengeti and the snowy slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro to the caves of Hell’s Gate National Park and deep gorges of the Great Rift Valley – the flora and fauna that makes up Africa are truly unique.
Have a scroll through these 19 astonishing images and we dare you not to be reaching for your khakis and camera in no time…
Searching for more safari inspiration? Check out these Africa blogs:
- 17 photos of what it’s really like on a Kenya safari
- How to choose your ideal African safari
- Why Zambia might be Africa’s most underrated safari destination
- Botswana in photos: The magic of an Intrepid safari
- When’s the best time to go on safari in Africa?
Ready to go? Now’s your chance, as to celebrate the release of Disney’s The Lion King we’re giving you the chance to win an African safari for two. Click here to find out how to enter.
Please be aware that entry is open to residents of Europe, Middle East and Africa only. T&Cs apply.