Travel across the colourful and contrasting countries of South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe.
Encounter wildlife and waterfalls on this 8-day overland adventure that visits two of Southern Africa’s most famous sites – Kruger National Park and Victoria Falls. Spot lions, leopards, zebras and giraffes on safari through landscapes blessed with breathtaking natural beauty, then fall asleep to the sounds of the African night in your camp with comforts. Keep your eyes peeled for the Big Five in South Africa’s Kruger National Park, traverse the tranquil landscapes of Masebe Nature Reserve in Botswana, then end an epic journey in Zimbabwe to wonder at the smoke that thunders – the mighty Victoria Falls.
Go in search of Africa’s Big Five on an included 4WD game drive, hunting mostly at night, this is the perfect time to search for cats and carnivores.
Experience the rumble and roar of Victoria Falls from the Zimbabwe side, which gives you the broadest view of its phenomenal torrent.
Relax knowing you’re in the safe hands of an expert guide and driver, plus enjoy the luxury of a camp assistant to set up your tents and prepare your meals.
Fall asleep to the sounds of the African wilderness in comfort as camping beds, sleeping bags, blankets and pillows are provided for those nights under the stars.
Kick-back with a beer and say cheers to your adventure with an included brewery tour in Vic Falls, on the penultimate day of your trip.
This is an overland trip so you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: intrepidtravel.com/au/africa/overland
Game-viewing in Africa means getting out of bed early. But the excitement of spotting your first lion or rhino is well worth the early start!
There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
You may also want to check out our Experience Southern Africa trip if you have more time to explore in Southern Africa.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Kruger to Vic Falls trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. This trip includes a mixture camping and other accommodation. While camping, tents, sleeping mats and sleeping bags will be provided and set up for you by our crew.
3. On occasion, especially during the peak months of May to September and December we are not able to secure campsites within the Kruger National Park. In this instance we will camp at a backpackers outside the park.
4. BORDER CROSSINGS ON THIS TRIP:
Exit South Africa - Groblers Bridge
Enter Botswana - Martin's Drift
Exit Botswana - Kazangula Road
Enter Zimbabwe - Kazangula Road
5. Our operator has advised that customers with the J&J vaccine and no booster may have difficulty crossing the border into Botswana (and potentially Zimbabwe) without a negative test result. This information conflicts with various government travel advice websites. We recommend you check with your local consulate before travel to ensure you have the most up to date information.
6. Border crossing delays in the region have been sporadic and difficult to predict as travel rebounds. What takes an hour one day may take four hours the next. This may affect the order of activities in the itinerary. We understand this uncertainty can be frustrating, and we strongly recommend packing a bit of patience and flexibility.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information