Experience Turkey from a different perspective. Abandon well-worn routes to forge a path through unexplored terrain, deep in the historical heart of Turkey. Travel from the minarets of Istanbul city, visiting Turkey’s holiest sites, hiking through valleys for fairy chimneys, tackling the Lycian Way, cycling the streets of Kas and kayaking over sunken cities on the Turquoise Coast. Take up the challenge and be amazed by the diversity that's revealed on this active adventure.
Dates and availability
1. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 1 pm on Day 1 in Istanbul.
2. There are internal flights on this trip and most internal flights in Turkey have a luggage restriction of 15kg checked and 8kg cabin.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 4 (overnight train), Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. We recommend that you check your government's advice for their latest information on travelling in Turkey before your departure and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary. We have links to prominent government travel advisories and regular updates on issues affecting this trip on our Travel Alerts page: http://www.intrepidtravel.com/travel-alerts
5. Due to climate change and hotter summers in Turkey, bushfires have become a challenge on the Lycian Way. Your safety is our priority, your itinerary will be amended if any of the areas visited are affected.
Filter by rating