From heart-racing moments to awe-inspiring scenery, a road trip through New Zealand’s North Island is one to remember for a lifetime. Join a local leader for an 8-day adventure taking in epic landscapes, wildlife and culture. Take it easy at Coromandel’s Hot Water Beach, check out simmering mud pools and geysers in Rotorua, learn the Haka and tuck into a traditional hangi at a Maori village and make the most of all Taupo has to offer. Whether you’re looking to amp it up or take it slow, the North Island has you covered.
Accommodation on this trip is in mixed-gender multi-share dormitory style hostels with shared facilities. We are aware of a system functionality limitation incorrectly indicating "twin-share" on sections of booking confirmations and invoices.
Dates and availability
1. This trip starts in Auckland on Day 1 at 8am. You will depart the city immediately after the welcome meeting. This trip ends on Day 8 in Wellington and you are free to leave at any time.
2. Accommodation on this trip is in multi-share hostels. Multishare typically includes triple and quad rooms. You may be required to share with group members of a different gender and couples. People travelling together may occasionally be separated due to rooming configurations.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. If you are a single traveller this will give you a single room, if you are travelling as a couple a double room will be allocated to you. The single supplement excludes Day 4 (Murupara) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. This trip requires a minimum number of booked customers to guarantee the departure. Your Booking Agent will advise at time of booking if the departure has met minimum numbers. If minimum numbers are not met, you will be advised no later than 56 days out from departure (prior to full payment due). We recommend arranging flights and related travel services once your departure is guaranteed. In the event that your departure is cancelled due to minimum numbers not being met, a full refund will be provided of monies paid.
5. This trip is operated and run by Haka Tours, an Intrepid Company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Haka customers and Intrepid customers. Intrepid works closely with Haka Tours to ensure that all of our customers enjoy their time in New Zealand.
6. We recommend booking optional activities in advance. Please contact your booking agent if there are any you would like to add to your trip.
Filter by rating