Enter the extraordinary landscape of the Kimberley, Australia's wildest region
A region of astounding natural beauty and great spiritual significance, Western Australia's Kimberley region is Australia untamed. And while the roads here can be rough and distances between attractions far, that doesn't mean you need to put aside weeks to travel here. This 5-day inland adventure takes in several of the Kimberley's highlight attractions, plus a whole host of lesser-known favourites. Weave through the boulders and chasms of the Bungle Bungles, spot crocodiles on a wildlife cruise through Geikie Gorge, encounter Dreamtime stories in the Mimbi Caves and learn the legend of Jandamarra on a tour of Tunnel Creek.
Marvel at striped 'beehives' in the Bungle Bungle
Take a barefoot stroll along Broome Beach
Go underground at Tunnel Creek
Cool off in a waterhole at Cathedral Gorge
Experience wild beauty in north-west Australia
Spot a flurry of birdlife in Geikie Gorge
This itinerary involves some clambering over rocks, wading in water by torchlight, walking on rocky creek beds and ascending/descending into gorges. A reasonable level of fitness and being sure on your feet is necessary to participate.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19 restrictions and related seasonal closures, some elements of this itinerary may not be available at time of travel. In particular all First Nations communities are currently closed to travellers. This may result in substitute activities and/or rerouting as required. The situation is evolving daily, but please be prepared for possible changes to your Kimberley adventure if necessary.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Broome to the Bungle Bungles (Basix) trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip starts in Broome at approximately 7:30am and finishes around 7:00pm. Onward travel should not be booked until the following day.
2. This trip is also available as Original style, see code PKBB-O
3. A sleeping bag is required for this trip.
4. Intrepid travellers can carry a maximum of 15kg. It is essential you bring only one small to medium soft-sided bag plus a day pack. We are not able to carry hard / externally framed suitcases.
5. This trip is operated by our partners Kimberley Wild.
6. This trip is available in Basix and Original styles. Basix camping involves a combination of swags with pop-up tents, to permanent tents with basic beds. A sleeping bag is require for Basix level.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information