Cascading falls to the clear blue waters of the Indian ocean
Unlock the mysteries of Africa's eastern lands on a 20-day trip from Zimbabwe to Zanzibar. Passing through Zambia, Malawi and Tanzania, visit fertile national parks, remote highland communities, savannas with endless horizons and the sparkling Indian ocean coastline. Safari past lion and zebra herds in South Luangwa National Park, watch local fisherman haul in their daily catch on Lake Malawi, and wind up on the idyllic shores of Zanzibar's northern beaches in search of a seafood curry and sundowner. Your African adventure sets the pace, with plenty of time to make your adventure special through independent activities, plus a local crew joining you each step of the way to give you all the local low-down. If safaris, sea breezes and a zest for exploration are your thing, jump aboard this overland adventure to the wilds of East Africa.
For a limited time only secure your dream 2023 adventure for $99 - Offer ends soon!Terms & Conditions
Experience the rumble and roar of Victoria Falls from the Zimbabwe side, which gives you the broadest view. You'll have the opportunity to see the cascades from multiple angles, perhaps treating yourself to an unforgettable scenic flight.
Explore the largest ruins in sub-Saharan Africa – the World Heritage-listed Great Zimbabwe – said to once be home to a Zimbabwean monarch!
Visit the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust to learn about the rehabilitation of wildlife from poaching and get the chance to meet some rescued or orphaned wildlife currently in their care.
Discover the magic of South Luangwa National Park on a morning game drive. This park is a highly concentrated arena of noble African beasts and exotic wildflowers.
Accompanied by a local crew – a leader, driver and cook – you'll be in excellent hands for the duration of your adventure.
This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent, occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the Big Five. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/africa/overland
There are many excellent optional activities on this trip. We recommend taking this into consideration when budgeting for your adventure.
Some passengers on this trip will have been travelling together prior to the start of your trip. To see what you're missing out on check out our Cape Town to Zanzibar trip. Search trip code UBOXC on the Intrepid website for more information and to book.
There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. This trip is a combination of YXON and YXOS of our most popular itineraries. As such the make up of your group and your leader may change on Day 17.
3. The Zanzibar portion of your itinerary may have a few more passengers than the maximum group size of 22 as we have a crossover of trips starting and finishing in Zanzibar.
4. This trip starts in Victoria Falls on Day 1 at 4pm. This allows time after the welcome meeting to explore Victoria Falls. This trip finishes upon arrival in Stone Town on Day 20. Please do not book any flights until after 2pm this afternoon.
5. Our operator has advised that customers with the J&J vaccine and no booster may have difficulty crossing the border into Botswana (and potentially Zimbabwe) without a negative test result. This information conflicts with various government travel advice websites. We recommend you check with your local consulate before travel to ensure you have the most up to date information.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information