From thriving cities to ancient villages, discover the real heart of China
Embark on a 12-day Premium journey that weaves together China’s layered history, famous icons, cultural heritage and celebrated cuisine. Be dazzled by modern China in Shanghai, then step back in time to the charming villages of Huizhou. See the magnificent karst hills of Yangshuo and come face to face with the Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an. Walk an original section of the Great Wall and revel in the big show of Beijing. Of all China’s assets, its greatest is its people – visit traditional family homes and travel with an expert local leader to uncover a lesser-known side of the country.
Enjoy authentic Chinese cuisine during Exclusive Experiences, including a homecooked lunch with a local family in Huizhou and a delicious duck dinner in a Beijing courtyard.
With karst hills dotted along Li River, the scenery in Yangshuo is spectacular – here you’ll enjoy a Feature Stay in a splendid hotel offering old-fashioned charm, modern comforts and awe-inspiring mountain views.
Get a sense of the scale of China’s epic history when you come face to face with the Terracotta warriors, and visit a lesser-known section of the Great Wall during an Exclusive Experience.
Journey to the peaceful Huizhou villages, home to the quintessential image of white walled, black tiled traditional houses, and enjoy a Feature Stay in a heritage hotel converted from the mansion home of a famous Ming Dynasty poet.
Discover the bright lights of modern China in Shanghai, and uncover a different side of Beijing as you follow an expert guide through the city’s hutongs, followed by a homecooked lunch in the hutong house of a retired chef.
The trip covers a fair amount of ground with experiencing a variety of transports, so be prepared for some long journeys. And we suggest packing relatively lightly for this trip, as you’ll need to be able to comfortably carry your own luggage onto and off the trains.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Premium China trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Please provide a scanned copy of your passport bio page at time of booking to secure flight and train tickets. Ticketing fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases, you will be required to cover the cost of issuing a new ticket if an amendment occurs.
4. This trip includes domestic flights. The luggage allowance is 20kg for check in luggage and 7kg for carry on.
5. This trip includes travel on fast trains. There are size restrictions for luggage on fast trains. Your main piece of luggage must not exceed 160cm (sum of height, length and width).
6. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information