›You are hereHome›Sailing Tours
After the ultimate holiday that takes you out of the everyday and onto the high seas of adventure?
Look no further than our impressive range of Intrepid sailing trips. They’re the perfect way to mix relaxation, exploration and fun in some of Europe, Asia and the Caribbean’s most celebrated seaside destinations.
New itineraries for 2015
Cuba Sailing Adventure*, 9 days
Nestled off the south coast of Cuba, in the heart of the Carribean Sea, the Cannarreos Archipelago abounds in stunning natural beauty. Never heard of it? This archipelago is a true little known treasure. One of its easternmost islands, the dazzling Cayo Largo del Sur (better known simpy as Cayo Largo) boasts coral reefs of dazzling proportions. Don your snorkel and discover a thriving underwaterworld or go for a splash in crystal clear waters. Or simply stretch out on a flawless beach and soak up some Caribbean rays.
*This trip is not available for US citizens
- • Discover the vibrant contrasts of Havana
- • Wander cobbled laneways in timeworn Habana Viejo
- • Bask on the white sands of breathtaking Cayo Largo
- • Choose to visit Cayo Largo’s inspiring turtle sanctuary
- • Snorkel in the marinelife-rich waters of Cayeria Los Majaes
- • Say hello to the resident iguanas of Cayo RicoVisit the fishing village of Cayo Cantiles
- • Indulge in delicious Cuban food at beachside restaurants
Sail Cote D'Azur - Marseille to Nice*, 8 days
Sail from Marseille to Nice along France's gorgeous Cote d'Azur. Stop in at the beautiful islands of the Iles d'Hyeres Archipelago, the revered Saint Tropez, and film-loving Cannes and soak in sun, French culture and divine cuisine along the way..
*This trip is also available in reverse - View Sail Cote D'Azur - Nice to Marseille
- • Explore the islands of Iles d'Hyeres Archipelago
- • Discover the national park of Ile de Porquerolles
- • Wander the celebrated streets of St-Tropez
- • Visit the home of 'the man in the iron mask' - Ille St Marguerite
- • Sip locally made wine in Ile St Honorat
- • Celebrity spot in Cannes
- • Indulge in divine French cuisine at every port
10% OFF all Sailing trips - offer ends 15th September
- Take a Thailand sailing tour between Ko Samui and KoTao. Snorkel over a vibrant underwater world, relax on idyllic beaches and taste authentic Thai cuisine.
- Embark on a Thailand sailing journey from Ko Tao to Ko Samui. Snorkel over vibrant underwater reefs, and bask on idyllic beaches.
- Explore the Caribbean on a British Virgin Islands sailing adventure. Sail, snorkel, laze on idyllic beaches and cruise on the high seas of the BVI with the help of a local guide.
- Set sail across the Caribbean Sea to visit the untouched and idyllic islands of Cuba. A side of the country few get to see, travel from Havana to Cienfuegos before sailing to islands where lazy days, incredible snorkelling and a vibrant culture await
- Sail from Marseille to Nice along France's gorgeous Cote d'Azur. Stop in at the beautiful islands of the Iles d'Hyeres Archipelago, the revered Saint Tropez, and film-loving Cannes and soak in sun, French culture and divine cuisine along the way.
- Embrace Mediterranean life while sailing along the French Riviera, taking in the high lives of Cannes and St Tropez, and contrasting it with idyllic island life in the Iles d’Hyeres Archipelago.
We sail on monohull yachts in Europe and the Caribbean, and multihull catamarans in Thailand. The configuration of the boats is available in the trip notes.
If you don’t want to lift a finger, then you don’t have to. But, on the other hand, if you’re keen to get involved, then there are always things to assist with under instruction from the skipper.
There is approx a 30/70 split between land-based and water-based activities, although much is dependent on the weather conditions. There are usually at least a few hours each day spent exploring ports, trekking the surrounding areas or relaxing on beaches. And depending on location, of course, the chance to wine and dine at the local hot-spots.
These will vary from trip to trip - check trip notes for the specific details. Please note that due to sailing being a heavily weather-dependent activity, sometimes itineraries may have to change. We would therefore recommend an additional night at the beginning and end of the trip to ensure nobody misses any onward flights.
Maximum capacity on our boats is 8 people.
Check trip notes for individual specifics but as a general rule, most meals are included on Thailand trips, whereas on Europe and Caribbean trips, you’ll contribute to a kitty, and some meals will be on land, giving you the perfect opportunity to try out the local tavernas and restaurants.
You are welcome to drink on board - in fact, nothing enhances a sunset more than a gin and tonic - but alcohol is BYO (bring your own) and red wine isn't permitted due to staining. So make sure you get what you need before departure.
The skipper will allocate rooms on arrival to the boat. Single travellers will be paired up with another passenger of the same sex, and this may mean sharing a double mattress.
Our most common question is about the room configuration. People are often hesitant about the idea of sharing a double mattress with another traveller of the same sex. Sailing boats tend to be very compact, and the close-quarters nature of this travel is part of the adventure. Sleeping quarters are designed to utilise the absolute minimum amount of space in order to keep the communal areas as big as possible. In practice, lots of passengers end up sleeping on deck, as it’s warm and there’s no air conditioning on a sailing boat.
No. Bathroom facilities are shared. Fresh and hot water is available for showers, and toilets are either electronic or hand pump.
Due the size of the boats and the nature of a sailing trip, there is very limited space for storing luggage. So make sure you pack light, and only bring fabric/canvas luggage, otherwise you might have to eat your dinner off your big heavy suitcase…
Our small group style of travel means you’ll stay under the radar, travel the local way, eat the local way and sleep the local way.
Small groups, big adventures.
Create your account today to manage your subscriptions and user preferences in one place.
Your travel home online.
Log in here
For groups of all sizes, organise a special departure of one of our pre-existing adventures, or tailor-make an itinerary to one of our destinations around the world.