›You are hereHome›Sailing Tours
After the ultimate holiday that takes you out of the everyday and onto the high seas of adventure?
Look no further than our impressive range of Intrepid sailing trips. They’re the perfect way to mix relaxation, exploration and fun in some of Europe, Asia and the Caribbean’s most celebrated seaside destinations.
Find a trip that's right for you...
- Beginning in Phuket, sail around Burma's Myeik (Mergui) Archipelago in the Andaman Sea and get a taste of the Asia of old.
- Set sail on Thai waters between Ko Phi Phi and Phuket. Swim in clear blue waters, kick back on warm sands and get a taste for fragrant Thai curries.
- Take a Thailand sailing tour between Ko Samui and KoTao. Snorkel over a vibrant underwater world, relax on idyllic beaches and taste authentic Thai cuisine.
- Embark on a Thailand sailing journey from Ko Tao to Ko Samui. Snorkel over vibrant underwater reefs, and bask on idyllic beaches.
- Tour the Thailand islands on a sailing trip that mixes the popular beaches with discreet hideouts and mysterious natural wonders. Take advantage of the tropical climate and enjoy the beach break of a lifetime.
- Explore the Caribbean on a British Virgin Islands sailing adventure. Sail, snorkel, laze on idyllic beaches and cruise on the high seas of the BVI with the help of a local guide.
- Sail Italy’s Amalfi Coast from the colourful village of Procida, through ancient worlds in Pompeii, medieval fortresses near Ischia and along the coastline that makes Italy so famous.
- Sail Italy’s Amalfi Coast, stopping in at the ancient isle of Capri, exploring incredible sea caves, cruising the Bay of Naples and visiting the colourful village of Procida.
- Set sail across the Mediterranean exploring Greece's heaven-sent islands. The spoils of Santorini, Ios, Amorgos, Naxos and Mykonos all await on this relaxing yet invigorating cruise through the Greek Islands.
- Embark on a sailing holiday to Greece. Explore the waters, islands, history and cuisine between Mykonos and Santorini by day, and watch sublime sunsets before falling asleep to the sound of waves lapping by night.
- See the best of the Cyclades Islands on this Greece sailing adventure. Take to the glorious Mediterranean Sea and explore these famous Greek Islands, finding out firsthand what all the fuss is about.
- Sail Croatia's beautiful Adriatic coast on this aquatic adventure from Dubrovnik to Trogir. Get a taste of Croatia's pristine coastline, fascinating culture, scrumptious food and lively nightlife.
- A lively restaurant scene, drop-dead gorgeous beaches, lush forests, intricate old towns and medieval city walls are but a few of the intriguing sights on this memorable sailing adventure along the coast of Croatia.
- Sail Italy’s Amalfi Coast, exploring the Bay of Naples, Capri, Amalfi and Procida island, all the places that makes sailing in Italy so amazing.
- Tour the Thai islands on a sailing trip that mixes the popular beaches with discreet hideouts and mysterious natural wonders. Take advantage of the tropical climate and enjoy the beach break of a lifetime.
We sail on monohull yachts in Europe and the Caribbean, and multihull catamarans in Thailand. The configuration of the boats is available in the trip notes.
If you don’t want to lift a finger, then you don’t have to. But, on the other hand, if you’re keen to get involved, then there are always things to assist with under instruction from the skipper.
There is approx a 30/70 split between land-based and water-based activities, although much is dependent on the weather conditions. There are usually at least a few hours each day spent exploring ports, trekking the surrounding areas or relaxing on beaches. And depending on location, of course, the chance to wine and dine at the local hot-spots.
These will vary from trip to trip - check trip notes for the specific details. Please note that due to sailing being a heavily weather-dependent activity, sometimes itineraries may have to change. We would therefore recommend an additional night at the beginning and end of the trip to ensure nobody misses any onward flights.
Maximum capacity on our boats is 8 people.
Check trip notes for individual specifics but as a general rule, most meals are included on Thailand trips, whereas on Europe and Caribbean trips, you’ll contribute to a kitty, and some meals will be on land, giving you the perfect opportunity to try out the local tavernas and restaurants.
You are welcome to drink on board - in fact, nothing enhances a sunset more than a gin and tonic - but alcohol is BYO (bring your own) and red wine isn't permitted due to staining. So make sure you get what you need before departure.
The skipper will allocate rooms on arrival to the boat. Single travellers will be paired up with another passenger of the same sex, and this may mean sharing a double mattress.
Our most common question is about the room configuration. People are often hesitant about the idea of sharing a double mattress with another traveller of the same sex. Sailing boats tend to be very compact, and the close-quarters nature of this travel is part of the adventure. Sleeping quarters are designed to utilise the absolute minimum amount of space in order to keep the communal areas as big as possible. In practice, lots of passengers end up sleeping on deck, as it’s warm and there’s no air conditioning on a sailing boat.
No. Bathroom facilities are shared. Fresh and hot water is available for showers, and toilets are either electronic or hand pump.
Due the size of the boats and the nature of a sailing trip, there is very limited space for storing luggage. So make sure you pack light, and only bring fabric/canvas luggage, otherwise you might have to eat your dinner off your big heavy suitcase…
Our small group style of travel means you’ll stay under the radar, travel the local way, eat the local way and sleep the local way.
Small groups, big adventures.
Create your account today to manage your subscriptions and user preferences in one place.
Your travel home online.
Log in here
For groups of all sizes, organise a special departure of one of our pre-existing adventures, or tailor-make an itinerary to one of our destinations around the world.