›You are hereHome›Central America
Top highlights of Central America
- Spot jungle wildlife from the top of Tikal’s Temple IV
- Discover colourful underwater worlds in Caye Caulker
- Salsa the night away with locals in Santiago de Cuba
- Haggle at Chichicastenango’s highland markets
- Climb steamy volcanoes in Panajachel
- Meet tobacco farmers in Vinales
- Spot kaleidoscopic animals in Monteverde’s cloud forest
Travel to Central America with Intrepid
Central America is home to more than 115 volcanoes
Central America may be pocket sized but it sure packs a punch. Filled with natural beauty, complex eco-systems and ancient cultures, there seems to be a 'wow' moment at every turn. If you can tear yourself away from the beaches (choose from the Caribbean or Pacific) you’ll find rainforests, crazy creatures, colourful villages and more volcanoes than you can poke a stick at. Climb to the top of jungle-tangled ruins, follow in the footsteps of notorious revolutionaries and explore sparkling underwater worlds. Then grab a mojito in one hand, a new local friend in the other and cha-cha-cha your way into the sunset.
Destinations in Central America
Our small group style of travel means you’ll stay under the radar, travel the local way, eat the local way and sleep the local way.
Small groups, big adventures.
Create your account today to manage your subscriptions and user preferences in one place.
Your travel home online.
Log in here
For groups of all sizes, organise a special departure of one of our pre-existing adventures, or tailor-make an itinerary to one of our destinations around the world.