Lakes, forests and beaches make up one of Europe’s smallest but prettiest countries.
Estonians have fiercely defended their culture through decades of Soviet influence, and now it’s celebrated everywhere you turn. Fabulous food, gorgeous medieval towns and a sense of joyful independence set Estonia apart.
Our Estonia trips
11 Days From $2,520
15 Days From $2,900
22 Days From $6,530
29 Days From $7,648
36 Days From $12,345
Estonia travel highlights
Explore Tallinn’s vibrant Old Town
Take in the breathtaking views from Toompea Castle
Enjoy a home-cooked meal in a local farmhouse on Estonia’s biggest island
Estonia holiday information
At a glance
Top 10 Estonian Tastes
Best time to visit Estonia
Geography and environment
Health and Safety
Estonia travel FAQs
Tipping in restaurants is becoming more common in Estonia. Leave around 10%.
Internet access is excellent in Estonia. Free wireless zones, as well as internet cafes, can be found all over the country.
Estonia has excellent mobile phone coverage. Ensure you have global roaming activated with your carrier if you wish to use your phone.
Estonia has western-style flushable toilets and even the occasional bidet. Keep loose change handy to pay for public toilets.
Bottle of soft drink = 1.20 Euro
Cup of coffee = 2 Euro
Beer in a bar or restaurant = 2 Euro
Simple lunch = 5 Euro
Three-course meal = 12 Euro
Short taxi ride = 4 Euro
Yes, tap water is considered safe to drink.
Credit cards are widely accepted.
There’s good access to ATMs in nearly all towns and cities.
Absolutely. All passengers travelling with Intrepid are required to purchase travel insurance before the start of your trip. Your travel insurance details will be recorded by your leader on the first day of the trip. Due to the varying nature, availability and cost of health care around the world, travel insurance is very much an essential and necessary part of every journey.
For more information on insurance, please go to: Travel Insurance
- 1 Jan New Year's Day
- 24 Feb Independence Day
- 14 Apr Good Friday
- 16 Apr Easter Sunday
- 1 May Spring Day
- 4 Jun Whit Sunday
- 23 Jun Victory Day
- 24 Jun St John's Day
- 20 Aug Independence Restoration Day
- 24 Dec Christmas Eve
- 25 Dec Christmas Day
- 26 Dec 2nd Day of Christmas
Please note these dates are for 2017. For a current list of public holidays in Estonia go to: http://www.worldtravelguide.net/estonia/public-holidays
Intrepid is committed to travelling in a way that is respectful of local people, their culture, local economies and the environment. It's important to remember that what may be acceptable behaviour, dress and language in your own country, may not be appropriate in another. Please keep this in mind while travelling.
Top responsible travel tips for Estonia
- Intrepid is committed to travelling in a way that is respectful of local people, their culture, local economies and the environment. It's important to remember that what may be acceptable behaviour, dress and language in your own country, may not be appropriate in another. Please keep this in mind while travelling.
- Be considerate of Estonia’s customs, traditions, religion and culture.
- For environmental reasons, try to avoid buying bottled water. Instead, fill a reusable water bottle or canteen with filtered water.
- Always dispose of litter thoughtfully, including cigarette butts.
- Learn some local language and don't be afraid to use it - simple greetings will help break the ice.
- Shop for locally made products. Supporting local artisans helps keep traditional crafts alive.
- Refrain from supporting businesses that exploit or abuse endangered animals.
- Please ask and receive permission before taking photos of people, including children.