Get to know the essence of local culture as you travel from the city streets to the mountain tops of Northern Thailand – a land of mouth-watering food, stunning landscapes, fascinating history and incredibly hospitable locals. Explore the ancient temples of Ayutthaya, spend time with Lisu hill tribes, meet the experts at an elephant sanctuary in Chiang Mai and uncover the country’s past in Kanchanaburi. Then, hit the streets of bustling Vietnam and take part in enriching local encounters as your leader shows you the soul of this diverse metropolis. Get lost in the districts of Hanoi, cruise past the limestone karsts of Ha Long Bay on an overnight cruise, discover the old-world charm of Hoi An and navigate the winding streets of Ho Chi Minh City. With an unbeatable mix of culture, cuisine and history, your Premium journey through two of Southeast Asia’s hotspots will surely surprise and delight.
Dates and availability
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes the Halong Bay boat overnight where you will be in shared accommodation, and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. This trip includes domestic and international flights as indicated on the trip map. The luggage allowance is 20kg for check in luggage and 7kg for carry on.
4. Full name exactly as per passport required at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on the passport), for internal flights. Ticketing fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing a new ticket.
5. Due to limited luggage space in our vehicles, please ensure that you are packing light and compact. Large, bulky suitcases are unsuitable for this trip. Please refer to the Packing section of the Essential Trip Information for details.
6. Local authorities only permit a limited number of boats to stay overnight in Halong Bay. To ensure all travellers can be accommodated on board available boats, on rare occasions you may stay on a larger boat and share your boat with another group. Otherwise, we may swap the activities and destinations of Days 13 and 14 to provide you the best possible experience. The route taken and inclusions on board will remain the same.
7. Flight schedules within South East Asia are currently limited. Whenever possible, you will be on a direct fight. However, some flights may require a stop.
8. On the TTPVC231111 and TTPVC231114 departures, the Thailand Feature Stay will be Sibsan Resort, rather than Lisu Lodge, in Mae Taeng.