Travel to Peru and retrace the steps of the Incas – Peru's fascinating ancient civilisation. Beginning in Lima, the capital of Peru flanked by Spanish colonial architecture, you’ll journey through the fertile heartland of the Sacred Valley, see the magnificent Ollantaytambo ruins and take on your own trail (the Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or scenic train route) to Machu Picchu – nestled high in the Andes, this is one of the Seven Wonders of the World! End it all in Cusco, a foodie’s paradise and cultural hub of nightlife. This eight-day Peruvian tour gets you closer to the secrets of the elusive civilisation that once resided here.
Dates and availability
1. Full passport details are required at the time of booking in order to purchase Entrance fees to certain sites. Additionally, on certain trips it's needed to book bus, train or flight tickets. Delays to provide this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary. Details provided must be accurate as per your passport bio page. This will be used for applying for your Inca permit and if any info doesn’t match your passport, Inca authority will refuse your entry.
2. Please note this trip starts at 2pm on day 1. If you are unable to find a suitable flight it is possible to book additional nights at the joining accommodation. We recommend that travelers intending to depart Cusco on the final day of the trip book flights out of Cusco no earlier than 12 at noon, to allow for possible delays on the final section of the trail.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. Inca Trail permits are sold on request basis only. Once deposit is paid and passport details provided, Intrepid will endeavor to secure a permit for you. If Inca Trail permits of our chosen route are unavailable by the time you book, you can opt to hike the Inca Quarry Trail instead https://www.intrepidtravel.com/machu-picchu-peru/quarry-trail
The timing of trekking may vary depending on the route and time slot we are given for entering the Inca Trail. Your group leader will give you the details at the welcome group meeting on Day 1 of your trip.
5. The Inca Trail closes in February to allow cleaning and restoration works. If the trek portion of your trip starts in February, you will be automatically booked to hike the Inca Quarry Trail.
6. Should you choose not to hike at all, please let us know in writing at the time of booking so alternative arrangements can be made. Without this prior warning, local fees may apply.
7. While hiking the 4-day Inca Trail or the 3-day Inca Quarry trail portion of this trip you may be joined by other Intrepid and/or non-Intrepid travelers.
8. Parts of your trip go above 2800 m/ 9200 ft where it is common for travelers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude - regardless of your age, gender and fitness. Please consult your doctor for professional advice about travelling at high altitude if you have a health condition.
9. As you can choose different ways of reaching Machu Picchu (Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or Train), there is a small chance you may be the only traveller on your selected option.
10. Fees may apply if you choose to change from the Inca Trail to the Train or Quarry Trail after your booking has been made.
Filter by rating